The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
WheelsCamaro

68 GMC C15 - The Daily Blue

Finally got around to creating a build thread for my daily driver 68! Below are a few pics from the day I picked her up.

I found this old girl right outside of Memphis, TN and quickly made a deal with the previous owner. The body is in good shape, with the only rust in the bottom of passenger front quarter (will patch), the bed floor and a couple holes in the floor. The rockers have already been replaced. The inside, motor and wiring is where it needed some help. The motor has a ton of blow by, needed some adjusting on the valves, and the carb was all out of wack. From the looks of the mechanical and wiring, the previous owner may have gotten in over his head or just lost interest. Might be why he decided to sell! A Speedway harness had been purchased and half-way installed, so I enlisted the help of my father to help me sort things out with that. Fixed necessities for a daily, like lights and wipers, gave her a good cleaning, and now she's finally road worthy... for now (future plans may change that).

Specs: 1968 GMC LWB, leaf spring rear end, 69-71 Model 307, 350 trans, 5 lug
Attached Images

WheelsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote