The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
no_rice

different brake lines with drop spindles?

so, i just ordered the cpp modular drop spindles and brackets for my 70 gmc. it already has shorter coils on the front, and has been swapped over to 73-87 a-arms and disc parts.

im not sure my brake lines will be long enough to reach once it comes down 2" more(could have used 3" but needed the narrowed track more then the extra inch...)

i thought i read somewhere about maybe the 3/4 tons having a longer brake line, or maybe it was the 4x4's?

guess im trying to get ahead of the game and have my plan in place if i decide they wont reach since im wanting it together for a trip in a couple weeks...
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Longhorn 70

Re: different brake lines with drop spindles?

The lines on my new disc brake front, 3/4 ton standard height, are pretty long. If you'd like I can put a string against and measure for you.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
no_rice

Re: different brake lines with drop spindles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn 70 View Post
The lines on my new disc brake front, 3/4 ton standard height, are pretty long. If you'd like I can put a string against and measure for you.
appreciate the offer! before i have you do that, i'll do some more looking around. been looking online at some of the replacement options for them at oriellys and such. although i dont currently know the banjo size ect on my current ones.

they are saying a 10mm assuming it really is correct for the 73-87 style front suspension under it. and giving me dimensions of 20-21" length for the line. i took a rough measurement of mine(tape quick this morning) and even following a few bends with the tape it is nowhere near that. we are talking maybe 14-15?

i may need them to be a bit longer, but that may be excessive...
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote