The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
neirfin

bought a truck (because YOLO)

Been looking around for a truck. Went back and forth over a newer beater for a few grand, or finding a dream restoration project... Decided on the resto after thinking about the baby (8 weeks old now). Thought it would be much better to hand him down a classic truck in 17 years than a late 90's model. (ok, I thought about myself a bit too )

So I looked and looked, and it seemed like most trucks (even project ones) were way out of my budget. Saw a local 'park and sell' place that had a red '64 C10, and figured I would take a look one day on a whim. While the red C10 was too expensive, I did see a 'make an offer' yellow '69 C20 long bed that caught my eye from the back of the lot... Once I test drove it, it was like it called out to me... Buy me... Love me... FIX ME...

So I moved around funds, saved up a little, and pulled the trigger. The body is clean, only one small rust spot, lots of original stuff but a newer crate engine and it drives great for an old truck. I'm hoping I wont find too many hidden costs, but so far it's looking like a great truck for the price I paid.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the forum and all help/advice!

First project on my list would be power brakes or some kind of assist booster, non-power brakes kinda suck. I would like to get standard rims and tires (right now it has bigger rear wheels) and to remove the 2-ton overload springs. New front and rear bumpers, and I'm on the fence between an interior kit (so far I've only found one in black for about $600) or just to repair the current brown seat and leave the rest of the interior for now. It would be nice to get a rebuilt steering column and put back the 3 on the tree, the last owner put a floor shift in. If that didn't pan out, I wouldn't mind a 400 turbo auto transmission, but would still need the new column anyways. Too many directions, not enough money

neirfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
AussieinNC

Re: bought a truck (because YOLO)

The pics you posted are not viewable due to photobuckets new restrictions on 3rd party postings...

We love pics, so if you have the pics on your local computer, please post them from these...posting photobucket content doesnt work now unless you pay photobucket the increased fees.

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
neirfin

Re: bought a truck (because YOLO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
The pics you posted are not viewable due to photobuckets new restrictions on 3rd party postings...

We love pics, so if you have the pics on your local computer, please post them from these...posting photobucket content doesnt work now unless you pay photobucket the increased fees.

That is so horrible. I haven't used photobucket for a while... obviously since it was free . Here they are.
Attached Images

neirfin is offline   Reply With Quote