The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
C10 Club Tennessee

An AC Cluster

I've been slowly installing different components to add AC on my burb, but I'll stop because frankly it's intimidating and it's easy to get lost. This is what I have:

-71 Burb with a 5.3 LS and I'm attempting to use the factory AC compressor from this motor.

-Aftermarket Old Air kit

-An original 1972 Rear AC Unit

So you can see, I'm trying to mate 3 things that were obviously not meant to go together. Ive ran my two R134 lines from the rear to the firewall. Unfortunately, I do not have fittings on the firewall end because obviously they would not have fit through any of the factory holes. I have a friend with a portable fitting thing that I will use when im ready. I also have not totally hooked up the lines to the rear yet. I need to know what size O-Ring's to use on the rear unit. I also need to wire up the 72 AC switch harness that I got with the rear unit. I was unable to run it along the top of the burb so it will have to go underneath.

I've also purchase the two lines that come off the compressor for this all to work. They are both straight pieces so to add to this cluster I'm going to have to vend them at an angle or they will hit the frame.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: An AC Cluster

I hope you have lots of pictures of this. Im going to have to do close to the same thing down the road. Good luck with your install.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote