The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
Davy

hey 1970blazin

Diane,

I need some inspiration...

I've seen your rollbar posts, but haven't seen any other progress on putting your rig back together. How's everything going??

Mine is in a thousand pieces...and growing.

Davy

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

I wish I could inspire you on, but my progress is waiting for the roll bar to finish up. After Ken polishes up the roll bar and gets it installed we will be running speaker wire ect and then glueing down the sound deadner and carpet. Once that is done then we will finish up the interior.
We would have all the body panels on, but when Ken went to fit on the fenders to the core support we found out the core support had been bent up by the P.O. and wasn't fixed right. Luckily we had an extra core support, so we got that sand blasted and are going to paint it and THEN we can get the body panels done. At that point we can also install the electric window kit we got from A1 Electric and get the doors on.
I am going to be getting our door panels and cargo panels made up out of black vinyl and blue/black houndstooth material as soon as I get enough money saved up.
Off topic the reason we haven't had much progress lately is because my husband, who is a self employed welder, did a contract for a company who is now filing for bankrupky and refusing to pay us. They owe us $36,000 !!!! I am so pissed! We are contacting a lawyer, but it looks like we probably won't see that money anytime soon if at all. Bummer!!! We are a small company, so this is hitting us hard, especially at tax time!
Sorry for the long post! Here is the most recent pic I have.....hope to see some progress pics from other guys soon too....Keeps us all motivated!
Attached Images

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #3
Davy

Blazer looks great. I love those rims.

Sorry to hear about your business dealings. Can't offer much "real-world" advise other than keep on humpin' work. In no time at all you guys will be over this small bump and laugh at the whole experience.

Davy

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote