The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #11
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

What a week... This whole floor/ Rocker panel replacement is kicking my ass. So I started out by removing the fender and door on the passenger side of the truck. (The really bad side) The gaps were pretty bad all around but I figured its best to just go ahead and weld in some bracing to hold the cab together. I knew the door did not fit the opening perfectly or should I say "not even close" But I figured I couldn't do any worse than what I started with. The issues I'm having now is the sheetmetal I purchased to replace the rusted out pieces really doesn't fit and is more like a suggestion to fit. Now that I have the floor patched and have been working on the rocker I am seeing that the door gaps are just as bad as they were previously. Funny part is the door looks worse now that I have a straight rocker mocked up next to it. LOL Im thinking of just moving forward now and accepting the fact that if I want perfection I will need to take the entire cab off and start at square one.... I have spent the better part of 3 hours looking at pictures on here for door gap reference and wow they run from not bad to horrible. Guess I should be thankful that I have at least 3 sides straight.. BTW these replacement sheet metal parts should come with a notice explaining they just look like a factory part and will need major modifications to fit... RANT OVER>>>>>>> back to the grinder and welder.

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote