The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #126
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Is it Just me ? or do any one else notice that the

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbut View Post
If you look at my join date verses number of post it becomes obvious I am not a big poster anywhere. I have come here once a week for many years just to keep up with the Chevy crowd. I have owned dozens of 47-72 Chevy trucks over the years. facebook -oh brother! Common type post over there is "My uncle has a 72 C-20 that came from the factory with a Buick straight 8 in it. It was a special order." Then 27 people post they knew someone with that set up. I just can,t take much of Facebook truck sites.
I hear ya.. once in awhile at a car show some guy will come up with a story that because of this forum ,,I know he is all wet and does not know what he is talking about.
I want to add that you jeepbut just might hold the record for checking this site the most with out posting . I like your reply and I bet you have a lot of good things to add to this site about our trucks.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #127
flashed

FaceBook is OK but nothing close to here , I really like it here .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #128
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Yes, I noticed that. Miss seeing some of the old guys, who don't post as much. But it's still the best website on the internet.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #129
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn W View Post
Maybe true. But, build threads work there? Um no.
True that! I've learned that vehicles popularity shift like the sands. I think the intense popularity of these trucks are beginning to wane.

By the way, I like your name here. I remember hearing about Popcorn in the early 90's while stationed in Virginia. RIP Mr. Sutton. Oh, are you a part of any FB moonshine groups?
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #130
MQUnlimited

I've been a long time lurker and finally joined last year. I love forums, I've been a member on multiples over the years and still visit most. I agree social media has pretty much killed forum websites. Know a few that are pretty much dead that were extremely popular in the early 2000s until maybe 5 years ago.

You get more information about builds and misc stuff, accurate info and help on forums versus FB pages. Then again, Im not that old and not that young anymore but people on FB and instagram rub me the wrong, most think they are too high and mighty to give you details about their trucks/cars. Crumby attitudes really. I personally like watch the build process. Im a self taught fabricator (hobby and too cheap to buy what I want) and appreciate seeing the work someone puts in the build.
MQUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #131
dan42

Agree that the popularity will wane a bit with certain people that jumped on the bandwagon when they were really hot. I have always loved these trucks from the time they came out in '67 (I was 10 at the time). There were always be a core group of people that love them, just like the 55-56-57 Chevys.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #132
davischevy

I have seen interest in these trucks go hot and cold at least three times since they were new.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #133
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I have seen interest in these trucks go hot and cold at least three times since they were new.
In all my car show goings to.. I found that more than 50% of the 67-72 Chevy truck fans like the 1968 the most. It's the Grille they say..

But a couple weeks ago when I drove my 71 to the Chevy dealer here in the city where I live ,,a finance guy who works there told me he likes the 71-72 trucks the most and it's the Grille that he like about them...

So I moved the % point back a point to 49% lookers that like the 68's the most..

I live where any day I drive into the streets of this city ,,I always spot a classic car as a daily driver..even in the winter months,, and quite a few of them are trucks.

My whole point is ,, the popularity of our old trucks has a lot of where you live ..
Old 05-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #134
jeffahart

Waning traffic could be due, in part, to some of the missing pics from the Photobucket fiasco. I did see a guy come on here, got a warm welcome back... but it kinda seemed to me like he was tossing out an Instagram lure. I refuse to give clicks to anything Instagram. Some people think they need to try and cash in on their pics or any trivial little thing they do. Ya, you posted your nice truck, now you want money for posting the picture? It's kind of comical. The small money for non-rock star celebrities is right up there with collecting blue chip stamps. Back in the day we had nothing but magazine articles and the network of TRUE FRIENDS, to figure stuff out!. Now you do a google search. If you google search a how to on a classic gen chevy truck, this site will come up, usually at the top. Good how to posts loaded with pics it the key to drawing traffic and new members. There is some good youtube stuff out there too. And youtube is the number two search engine. This site is a great resource, so is youtube. Instagram and facebook are not, they are a place for people to celebrate themselves; and for the sites owners to scrape off as much data about you as they can! You want to promote your business, those sites are great and you have to be out there. But it's more than that. The little greedy butt gets a big head, thinks he/she is Kardashian, and starts putting up look at me click bait, with no substantial service or product line or real celebrity. Posting pictures to propagandize thy self, and trying to scrape some advertising bucks is not a plan for the long run... IMHO! Another rant... from the old guy!

j

Last edited by jeffahart; 05-11-2018 at 12:20 PM.
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #135
Boog
laying low

Well put old dude.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #136
Willowrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Well put old dude.
I Agree!
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #137
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
I Agree!
A big x3

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #138
Popcorn W

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
By the way, I like your name here. I remember hearing about Popcorn in the early 90's while stationed in Virginia. RIP Mr. Sutton. Oh, are you a part of any FB moonshine groups?
I'm a big fan of Mr Sutton. But, I don't really deal much with FB.

Seems like this forum has about run it's course. Not sure why. I belong to several, well.... maybe more like a bunch of forums
and I don't know of one other forum that charges you to sell/buy/wtb, so maybe the greed has something to do with the decline. Maybe members are tired of it.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=659205
"I love the smell of grinding metal"
Popcorn W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #139
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn W View Post
I'm a big fan of Mr Sutton. But, I don't really deal much with FB.

Seems like this forum has about run it's course. Not sure why. I belong to several, well.... maybe more like a bunch of forums
and I don't know of one other forum that charges you to sell/buy/wtb, so maybe the greed has something to do with the decline. Maybe members are tired of it.
I respectfully disagree. I don't think it's run its course. There is still people here giving help and sharing knowledge. I think paying a small fee to be a member is worth every penny. I have had many a smooth transactions with fellow members.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #140
The Rocknrod

I belong to several forums also, however I do pay the subscription here. Not one other forum compares in information available and people who share information, answer question and such. I have questions in another forum that have even yet to be reviewed (before they allow them to be posted) after a week. No you wont find better at free or any price!
And by the way, people do not realize the cost and storage needs it takes to post your pics, information, builds, talks, discussion etc. online using this this forum. Good luck finding better at any price.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #141
davischevy

Greedy Liz. I'll bet she got a kick out of that one.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #142
leddzepp

The free loaders complain the most...both in the real world and online as well

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #143
davischevy

General discussion traffic is light tonight, but the 67/72 Message Board is having a banner night.