The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
siggyfreud

Limiting turn radius

Hey all,

Ran into a little bit of an issue and looking for some creative ideas. I just finished my Ridetech coilover front suspension on my 72 C10. I'm running 20x11" Forgeline wheels in the front.

On stock suspension, at full lock, the wheel would hit the stock shock tower. Shifted to coilover suspension, problem solved. However, now at full lock, the wheels hit the new location for the Ridetech sway bar. I've created as much clearance as I can with some grinding and shortening of bolts, but I really need about 1/8" more to be good.

The wheels are hub-centric design, so I don't think I can run a traditional wheel spacer.

Is there any way to simply limit the turn radius that last 1/8" so I simply don't impact what I'm trying to avoid?

Any thoughts are welcomed!
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
LS short box

Re: Limiting turn radius

I has a similar issue on a aftermarket front suspension on a 67 Nova. I ended up adding a small "L" bracket to each lower a-arm with a 3/8" adjustment bolt that contacts the spindle to limit the amount of wheel could turn. Worked well.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
SCOTI

Re: Limiting turn radius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
I has a similar issue on a aftermarket front suspension on a 67 Nova. I ended up adding a small "L" bracket to each lower a-arm with a 3/8" adjustment bolt that contacts the spindle to limit the amount of wheel could turn. Worked well.
x2. Make a limiter/steering stop that the spindle contacts just prior to the offending piece/parts.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote