The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #26
jthomass

Re: Start of 72 ochre Blazer build thread

Thanks for the advise Jaros and 49GMC. I agree that something isnt quite right with that inner rocker/floor section making it off a little. I did get the door back on (that was a lot of fun!) when I close the door and look from the inside it is a pretty consistant gap between the bottom of the door and the outer rocker lip where the seal goes so I think it should be fine that way since the outer rocker lip is lined up with the lip on the front and back pillar areas. Maybe I should order a new seal (since mine is long gone) and try it with the door closed?
I got all the pieces of the A pillar area bolted back together (another fun time) and the kick panel tacked in place.
Attached Images

Last edited by jthomass; 12-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.
jthomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #27
jthomass

I patched an area upper left of the floor seam.

I transfered that bolting strip for the transmission tunnel cover from the old floor to the new floor by trying to hold the new floor patch in place with the tunnel cover on to mark it, (what are the chances the 3 bolts will line up once everything is welded up??)

The floor patch top seam didnt go very well, I cut it a little short and have some gaps. I guess I will have to tack it well and go heavy on the seam sealer

here is a pic of the floor after i put a few tack welds on it.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
jthomass

I agree that this rust work is bad news, it takes way more time than I expected and causes a lot of metal slivers in the fingers.
I showed my kids the progress last night and they don't think I've done much

My pictures dont look very good compared to you guys, are you using a real camera? I have been using my phone.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #29
jthomass

I still haven't tacked the outer rocker, kind of nervous about the height. Do you guys have any gap between the door and rocker on the outside or is it pretty much a very tight fit? right now with it screwed in place I have maybe a 1/8" gap between them so I could maybe lift it a little if necessary??