The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
SayBye

Express 1500 No Power No Anything?

I was removing an old power inverter out of the van and I let the power wire coming from the battery touch the metal floor, I grabbed it as quick as I could, there was a short arc. Now my van doesn't have any power to anything anywhere except for the starter. I can bump the starter and it'll crank n crank but won't fire and run. I have no gauges, no lights, no anything. I've checked all fuses and relays, they are good. Fusible links are good.

I'm not getting any voltage at my fuse and relay panel. Is it fed from the ignition switch? I've put several batteries in it, I can't even jump it off. I've got 12v going to the starter and into the alternator but that's the only two places I can get any readings.

I thought I had fried the alternator, then read somewhere that the ignition switch powers the bus to the fuse panels. I'm leaning toward ignition switch. What do y'all think?
SayBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
SayBye

Anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayBye View Post
I was removing an old power inverter out of the van and I let the power wire coming from the battery touch the metal floor, I grabbed it as quick as I could, there was a short arc. Now my van doesn't have any power to anything anywhere except for the starter. I can bump the starter and it'll crank n crank but won't fire and run. I have no gauges, no lights, no anything. I've checked all fuses and relays, they are good. Fusible links are good.

I'm not getting any voltage at my fuse and relay panel. Is it fed from the ignition switch? I've put several batteries in it, I can't even jump it off. I've got 12v going to the starter and into the alternator but that's the only two places I can get any readings.

I thought I had fried the alternator, then read somewhere that the ignition switch powers the bus to the fuse panels. I'm leaning toward ignition switch. What do y'all think?
Posted via Mobile Device
SayBye is offline   Reply With Quote