The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Tyler212

2004 Chevy Silverado door lock question

I bought a 04 silverado a few weeks back and I noticed the other day that the doors lock when you turn the key to the "On" position without starting the truck. It is programed to lock when it is shifted out of park. And the unlock is set to when it is shifted into park. I want it to lock the way it is programed alone. So Into and out of park is the only times that I want it to lock without me locking it myself.

I've looked at other threads and found the programing instructions and tried them as well as cycling through the options in the DIC. It is acting like it has been programed for 2 lock and 2 unlock settings.

It gets real annoying because I usually beat my passengers into the truck and proceed to start the truck before they get the door open and the other day my girlfriend tried to help me out and let the truck warm up for a few minutes before we left and ended up locking the keys in the running truck. I didn't notice this either until I had already locked the door to the house leaving me in a tight spot.

I know its not a big problem but it annoys me and I don't want the truck to lock with the key hittin or leaving the "On" position. If you all can help me I'd be appreciate it. If nothing else knowing theres nothing I can do about it would ease me a little.

Thanks
Tyler
Tyler212 is offline   Reply With Quote