The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Trucker_Eric

Exclamation the Radical Cherry (High School Project)

thats the name i came up with for my newly aquired 1987 Chevrolet C10 Scottsdale. im new to Chevy trucks so give me credit for finding this one, heres the story on this truck.

we get all kinds of donation vehicles in my autoshop class at school. well, this one came in and i fell in love at fir5st site, i dont know why. maybe it was the 350? or the long bed of a fullsize pickup? maybe it was the throttle body injection and little rust it has on it? probably all of these. it also has a full bench seat which i love too. heres the things. my auto shop teacher said that if i bought all the parts for this truck, fixed it to where i can drive it home, its mine. im thinking it just needs a fuel pump, and i gotta pay for the battery and tune up kit on it, rebuild the rochester 4 barrel, and its mine, home free.

oh, i forgot to mention, its a chevy. a 1987 chevrolet c10, 2wd... and i am going to be getting this truck as soon as its done, all for less than 300 bucks.

it needs some minor body work, alot of surface rust on the hood, cracked up windshield and some of the bed got dented from fender benders. all the fancy vinyl chrome trim on the side, the fake stuff, is peeling off so im going to rip it all off. going to redo the interior, outfit it with a saddle blanket bench seat cover and maybe a carpeted dash.

i will get more pics of the engine and interior and undercarriage when i get it on the lift later on next week, heres some pics for now.

last but not least, my dad gave me 2 choices. i can keep my 1998 ford ranger and not get the c10, or i can give the ranger back to him and take the c10. i think i made a good choice, giving up my 4x4, efi v6 ranger for a 2wd, TBI v8 chevy.

(dont mind the kid in the pic, thats my best friend cody who is helping me fix the truck.)

Last edited by Trucker_Eric; 10-31-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Trucker_Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: the Radical Cherry

Welcome!

And a Chevy for a Ford, ya you did good..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Trucker_Eric

well, my ford was a little bit nicer than this, comfort wise, but this truck i kind of fell in love with at first sight.

my grandpa had a 84 cheynne, full bench seat, thistruck brought back memories of me riding on the dashboard laying down, lol, ive seen pics of me when i was like 3 starring out the window with my face pressed against the glass of the windshield, and his had a bench seat too.

my other truck looks like this, which is my dads truck now.

in my opinion, i traded up, both sentimental and power. love v8's, cant handle the lack of power from a v6, lol

"the best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
GMC91
Always trouble

Damn, better deal then I got mine for, and in better shape. Keep us up-dated.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
Trucker_Eric

this is the project thread, i will update with pics probably tuesday night or wednesday

"the best thing to hold onto in life is each other."