The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2018, 06:56 PM   #126
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

That light does look like a good deal and it sounds like it works pretty well. Any luck on your sniper issues yet? That interior looks pretty mint!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #127
sweetk30

love me this backup light option . just 1 and small size that just works .

sniper needs tuning via the program off there web site . but i cant do that at this time with the controller out for warranty testing and possible replacement . you need a 50.00 cable to hook up to a computer or do it via the sd card upload in the handheld unit .

but atleast i can drive the truck with out it pluged in . its doing o.k. time will tell .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #128
sweetk30

she was nicked with out her top so i dug it out today and installed it ..... boy was it dirty / scummy / yucky . took purple power to the lenses and the 3 towels turned almost black from the gook on the bar . she is much better now .

then i whipped up a few tabs to mount the control box to the bottom of the dash . just so happened 1 screw for ash tray unit lined up on the left and under dash light on right bracket lined up . so no drill install of the box and its firm . the whole dash flexes not the mounting area .

also got my extra gauges and gps and dash cam installed .

gauges 3 pod = fuel psi electric / tach 6k / engine vac "
gauges 2 pod = b&m trans temp with easy to read colors / pass side transfer fuel tank

gps on far left is a garmin unit and i used 3m double sided sticky to the suction cup on the glass . then a thinkwear x500 dash cam with 32 gig sd card and also rear cam mounted behind my head at the top of the slider fixed glass seeing out just past the 2 big stickers .

took me a bit of testing locations for all of this but with me in the seat i have no blocked road vision off the body view . anything blocked is just the truck body so were good there . and the gps and dash cam are wired to a 2 outlet universal outlet unit and only feed key hot . so i dont even need to play with them .
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #129
SunSoaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
oh my what a BANG for the BUCK $$$

i can see from my street all the way in to the shop in pitch black night now . my street to the shop door is prob 300ft / no street lights or house light on .

great under $50.00 buck item to get for function and usefulness
Damn! We must be related! It's amazing how similar our builds are. I just received my led backup lights tonight. Once again, pretty much the same idea as yours.
I got 2 of them for $39 each. Going in my bumper, but I realized my bumper isn't flat except for where the license lamps are. My license plate frame has a lamp built in so the round factory ones are coming out anyway. It leaves a nice flat area to mount the LEDs. They have a 90 degree beam pattern which works out perfect!
Attached Images

SunSoaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #130
sweetk30

ya but do your lights have a LIFETIME WARRANTY ?

well today was fun with more holley sniper problems . 2nd brand new handheld d.o.a. out of the box . powers up but not a thing from it stuck on the home screen no matter what you do with it .

i think after all of this and the not learning its self / the miss marketed info on the side of the box / and the simple FACT i dont trust it on the truck i might be ready to ask for my money back .

will find out saturday as that when the 3rd handheld is to show up from ups on sat delivery from holley direct .

if its not here / if its dead / if i cant figure out how to get this thing to learn its self then i am DONE

Old 12-13-2018, 11:04 PM   #131
SunSoaked

They do. I have fallen head over heels for this supplier:

Superbrightleds.com

They got LEDs for applications I never thought of. Currently putting together my plan for interior lighting and it just got easier (Dome, Floor, Map, Lower Door when open, etc.).

They're worth checking out just to see what's available and getting ideas. I love the different colors. My reverse lights seem to be high quality. So far I'm pleased.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #132
sweetk30

first one to report a dead led or problem led unit looses .

Old 12-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #133
sweetk30

little trip to the scale's today . and even got my pearly white's all cleaned from the protective blue goo.

6,900 lbs with 8ft fisher speedcast conventional style plow on the truck .
6,300 lbs with the plow off but full time headgear still on .
also no 500 lbs of ballast weight in the back yet for the plow .

true k30 frame & running gear / 3.5" lift front and 2"ish in the rear / 255/85/16 ( 33.0 ) tires . body line center of wheel wells at bottom of fender lip/trim molding is front 41.5" / 42" rear .
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #134
sweetk30

last few pics .
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #135
SunSoaked

Awesome. How's she running? Those hubcaps are ugly. Please take them off and send them to me!
Old 12-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #136
sweetk30

i am hard up for money . . . how much you wana spend on them

running good at the moment for the most part . we are each learning each others noises and quirks .

got a good guy helping me tune the sniper and its gotten a LOT better . will see how long it lasts . best part is data logging and then i just send him the gcf and datalog files in email and he plays and send back new tune . were on a good tune #3 . we tried playing a bit on tune #4 but she said no thank you so i reloaded tune #3 . after the holidays he will get back to me with another tune.

i still want to try the progressive linkage sine i do most of the driving under 3,000 rpm and well under 50% throttle.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #137
SunSoaked

If you need the link, I have a new one still in package. I can drop it in the mail free of charge.

ORD is having a 3 day sale on certain parts at the moment. You talked me into the swaybar disconnect so I ordered it along with their HD greaseable shackles.
Like the bills Christmas never ends. Lol

Last edited by SunSoaked; 12-28-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #138
RDrancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSoaked View Post
ORD is having a 3 day sale on certain parts at the moment. You talked me into the swaybar disconnect so I ordered it along with their HD greaseable shackles.
Like the bills Christmas never ends. Lol
Well, my wallet is happy that there's nothing on sale that I don't already have or need for my build. The parts pile is so big now that I'm not sure what half of it is for.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #139
SunSoaked

Angry Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
The parts pile is so big now that I'm not sure what half of it is for.
I know the feeling. What's worse is buying something and then finding later on you already had one.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #140
sweetk30

i have a new fixed link already thanks tho .

if i was to get something from ord it would be a magnum to swap out for my doubler kit for a true 3 speed t-case but no big deal in the end .

Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #141
SunSoaked

Thumbs up Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
dinner break . now digesting the food before more work .

stuff i got done today :
AGR box bolted on for good with a ORD bolt on brace kit .
p/s pump pulley pressed on .
return line from box to pump installed .
ORD sway bar disconnects re-bushed / greased / installed .
sway bar re-bushed with ORD kit / greased / installed .

had to drop off my plow pump drive pulley and crank pulley to the machinist . need a bushing made to have the center boss up-sized to register in the serp belt crank pulley . this plow pump pulley was from the older style engines and smaller center hole in the crank pulley . easy to whip out and told him make it tight so its a press fit on the plow pump pulley but snug on the crank one .

one of the last things i need to do on the suspension is change the worn out bushings on the lift springs upfront then its done .
I need your help! Got my ORD disconnect kit and it didn't come with any instructions. It looks pretty self explanatory and your pics help but, where the heck does the bracket attach to that holds the sway bar when its unpinned? It's the L-shape bracket with the hole in it for the pin.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #142
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

The truck is looking great. I'm glad to hear you have some one that can get the tunes to work for you. Are you guys getting any snow there so far?

I had a very nice set of those caps but I can't remember where I hid them.....
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #143
sweetk30

unbolt the bump stop from the frame bracket and sandwich it in there is how i think it goes ? but i dont plan to disconect my self on this truck . i just used it for the sway bar lift correction .

you dont want to know my current problems with this truck . . . .

and snow whats that stuff ? nov we got a 9-12" dump and then untill now its few dustings is ALL

Old 01-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #144
sweetk30

here is my current problems .

cooling system : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=778518

holley sniper from HELL FIGHT : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776523

and this sniper thread above is the short short version list . here is a play by play

1 - handheld problems on first fire up
2 - 2nd handheld d.o.a out of the box
3 - fuel mileage 6.25 mpg average so far around 500 miles and 30-45%tps at most 90% of the driving and only a few highway trips of 5-10 miles the rest is in town or country roads of 45-50 mph
4 - tech support help on there forum they don't baby sit or care about = crap treat you like a 2 year old right from the start by site admin and senior members
5 - have to use sniper program on a REAL computer to tune it 100% = NOT SELF TUNING like it shows on the box and also you DO need a computer unlike what the box shows
6 - wait time for parts replacement is kind of long and i had to ask my 3rd handheld be shipped faster they never offered it to me and the tech guy still had to get this o.k'ed from a higher up
7 - wait time on the phone can be long . . . but then if you wish to talk with the same tech person they do NOT have assigned ext#'s to use . you MUST wait yet again on hold to speak to them so this can more than double your wait
8 - emails seem better but almost every one i have got is at the end of the next day returned
9 - they love to avoid specific questions and or never acknowledge them at all
10 - they love to blame it on rfi interference for the routing of the units wires and such . this to me = crap product quality knowing it will be next to this kind of stuff and the wiring is super stiff
11 - the tech suport info can be a huge hit or miss . i asked the same question 2 x to 2 different people and got 2 totaly different answers that were 2 ends of the spectrum apart
12 - throttle arm is to short for correct throw ratio almost all people buy or build an extension arm for this and it also makes for a super stiff pedal
13 - self tuning is deactivated from all i have read on there forum and f-b page if you turn on progressive linkage to make it more like a carb with the quick fuel linkage part installed for the 2ndary link
14 - my idle air control is now acting up with random high idleand showing 0% iac and 0% tps positions and even does this driving on the road good thing i have 1ton brakes and hydroboost or i might not be able to hold it still
15 - coolant temp sensor is a known holley problem they wont fix or replace everyone just takes and buys there own replacement unit for 8-20 bucks and then drop over a gal of coolant out / swap it / refill and wasted time 20* off to the hot when cold and 16*-18* off to the cold when hot and they say this is NOT a problem . . how does it mix the air/fuel ratio's correctly when cold and also when hot this could be a problem with low temp t-stats installed as it switches at around 160* range unless you set your own switch over temp .
16 - intake air temp is in the unit and gets massive heat soak my truck has true cold air feed with the stock closed air filter system and duct to the front of the grill the other day it was 25*F out side and it took over 3 miles of city driving to go from 122*F heat soak down to high 50* showing as the temp . again how is this to mix the ratio correctly if your not up to temp and running off the o2 sensor
17 - found lots and lots of ecm replacment posts on youtube / forums / f-b page of holleys sniper
18 - heard of lots of people returning there units and getting refunds with no problem unlike me .
19 - started seeing the used take off market jump up on ebay for these unit now with few 100 miles or few months run time

i am sure there is more but this should be a good quick skim / low down of my problems with product / support / and others with the same i have found .

Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #145
DWilbur

That is a bummer about the Holley EFI. I have Fitech EFI in my car and it works good. had issue with using the wrong temp sensor and wrong distributor in the beginning but after that was fixed it works good so fare.
DWilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #146
sweetk30

friend stopped by today and dropped me off a loaner part to get me by .

1411 edelbrock 750cfm electric choke carb

plan is hook a small electric fuel pump i have thats max 4.5psi and suck fuel up the return line to feed it and fire in the hole .

the efi sending unit in these trucks the return line goes to the bottom of the tank so i should be able to use the 5/16" return system for my feed to get me by for now . just need to plow the driveway for the most part at this point .

Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #147
sweetk30

used dont know if it worked fuel pump on firewall = check

few hose clamps and filter with 3ft of hose = check

suck fuel up the 5/16" return line from the efi sender = check

used dont know condition 1411 edelbrock carb no choke hooked up = check

toggle switch under hood just for now to plow driveway = check

fire in the hole / runs o.k. / plow on and ready = check

now i recall why i dont like carb .

note : tbi senders from our square body trucks the return line goes to the bottom of the tank so you can suck fuel up it
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #148
sweetk30

just a little update :

i found some super expensive fuel system polish cleaner fixer goop . . .

i took the edelbrock carb and buffed the he!! out of it and look what happened . . .
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #149
SunSoaked

That polish runs about $1600 a tube.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #150
daddyjeep

Wow... That is some cleaner.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote