The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Vintage Air Sure Fit Kit in a Burb

Looking at buying a 1972 C20 Burb with the BB. Has anyone installed a Vintage Air Sure Fit Kit in a BB Burb and if so how efficient is it?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
highwinger

Re: Vintage Air Sure Fit Kit in a Burb

A couple of us here have installed Old Air Products front AC which the differences shouldn't be too drastic. I had someone install it for me, but it sounded straight forward. I've had leaks since and they've been trying to chance down. I just had it filled Friday. Totally, I think it takes about 64oz including the factory rear air. I took it in Friday because it was blowing 80 deg. They said it was only 1.5 lbs down and now it blows <60deg with the OAT being >85deg here and sunny. So, it makes it comfortable during hot days, but won't form ice by any means.

A couple of pointers tho: 1) they warned against cabin air/water leaks since it is a recirculating system and sucking in outside air reduces the efficiency. 2) Look into Vintage's capabilities for floor vents. I added a floor vent using a spare port on the unit. 3) Having the rear air really helps circulate & cool the whole cabin quicker. Front AC by itself is largely ok for front seat only. 4) Gas mileage dropped a little, but well worth it. Your BB may not notice.

I'm not sure this helps you, but I had some recent info that might be pertinent.
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote