The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #26
jackson

Re: Project Pocket Change 1955 Chevy 1st series

Quote:
Originally Posted by britnjc View Post
Dont let the cab decieve you there is some rot One thing is for sure. You cant fake this patina.
dang dude . your braver than me
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #27
britnjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
dang dude . your braver than me
Well, maybe I am not that brave. Upon further inspection this weekend I noticed several more areas that are rusted through. The whole cowl area and dash area to the firewall is gone along with the whole bottom foot of the cab and bottom 6 inches of the doors and the whole beltlineetc is gone. I think my time is worth more than the time to repair this truck. The only sheet metal that would be left after I finished would be a small portion of the firewall and back of the cab plus the roof would be left. Its just not worth it IMO. I really hate to give up on this thing but I think I am just going to rob the good parts as in the passenger fender, hood, steering wheel, door handles and leave the rest. I was just so deflated after finding the other rot this weekend. Unless someone wants to donate a complete cowl for the resurection of this project it is done before it really got started.

What are yalls thoughts?
britnjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
PRWFAB

You know you speed to much time on this site when you sit down for Easter dinner and wonder if you got your truck pulled. Shame it won't work out but I understand if you can't commit all your spare time to it you'll never get it don't. I was fun watching I was really looking forward to seeing it yanked out of there. Brings back memories of being a kid climbing in to the old cars when we found them back in the woods never giving it a thought what lived in them. When I hauled mine home it had all kinds of stuff in the back. I stopped at tractor supply and got a for pack of foggers opened the back door set them all and drove the rest of the way home . If it was in it I killed it LOL. It looked like a cheech and chong movie on the back of the trailer. I'll be waiting for your next find Good Luck !!
PRWFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #29
PRWFAB

I really need to spell check before I send. I read it after I posted LOL sorry
PRWFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
britnjc

Ha. Thanks PRWFAB. I am not one to comment on other peoples spelling. Mine is horrible i never go back and reread what I type.
britnjc is offline   Reply With Quote