The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
jbgroby

Correctly made window beltline felts

This was taken from the 6066 GMC site, I ordered a set this morning and will report back to the group with a pic tutorial.

Guys,

Finally found them, correctly made beltline felts that go on your door at the opening at the bottom of the window.

Most suppliers like L&M ,classic and others are all getting them from a supplier in Taiwan, or China and these units are made incorrectly. The issue is the placement of the mounting pins, on these units, the pins are in the middle section of the beltline piece. What this does is place the bottom edge of this too low so when you try to roll the window up you CAN'T because the channel holding the window hits it so a gap is always at the top. I just received a set made in the USA, with the pins located at the bottom, they are a copy of the originals, made with a steel frame, steel pins.

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/19...89490-prd1.htm
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
OldGyrene

Re: Correctly made window beltline felts

Following
Old 02-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
LT1 Burb

Yes, me too, let us know.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
Johns 66

interested as well....
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #5
jbgroby

click on the image.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
jbgroby

I called Rubber The Right Way and spoke to the tech. dept. Yes they are a dist. for Precision - BUT THESE PARTS ARE NOT Precision Prts. These new parts are made by Fairchild Rubber. They are back orderd and I should have them in a about 8-10 days.

Last edited by jbgroby; 02-22-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
verdell

Interested in seeing these...
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
kdad

Well I fell into the trap...……….. Bought a set of fuzzies from BROTHERS and the windows wont roll all the way up...

Just ordered a set from Rubber the right way so we will see

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..

Last edited by kdad; 03-21-2019 at 11:08 AM.
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #9
dracko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
Well I fell into the trap...……….. Bought a set of fuzzies from LMC and the windows wont roll all the way up...

Just ordered a set from Rubber the right way so we will see
What brand are they? I thought they sold Counterpart and I was banking on them. I was sure my old set was Counterpart, they were cheap thin ones that weren’t a seal but didn’t stop the glass from going up .

The mounting clips were different too..

Last edited by dracko; 03-20-2019 at 06:37 PM.
dracko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #10
nsb29

I have bought them from brothers/Lmc/steel/some were ss some were panted but thay are all the same I compared them to my original ones there was no real difference thay all sat just about an 1/8 below the edge of the door I’m curious as to what you get
Old 03-20-2019, 11:18 PM   #11
suville

??
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:47 PM   #12
kdad

Not my first time purchasing items from BROTHERS that were incorrect as far as fit and finish goes.. really losing hope with these vendors.

Ok so I took the fuzzies out of the back and thought WTF why is there only 2 clips. Silly me the other two were in the bottom of the bag with 3 others from the other fuzzies. So I install them and knew something is not right as they are so thick they barely fit in without all of the cheap clips falling off. So I first installed with old glass and it wouldn't go all the way up. the glass was scratched so I ordered new glass. took out the glass and made sure all the edges were in nice and clean nothing sticking out in the way and no binding. I rebuilt the entire window mechanism and its like butter up and down. Installed for the second time and again wont roll up all the way.

Looked at the other door I hadn't taken apart yet and realized... Oh snap there was one fuzzy still on the door. I take it off and compare the two side by side.. I am pissed I wasted more money with another bad product.

Last edited by kdad; 03-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:51 PM   #13
kdad

Old 03-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #14
kdad

As you can see in the photos the original on the left is way thinner.
After 53 years the clips are still attached. the precision fuzzies couldn't even make it to me without falling off...

Old 03-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #15
nsb29

Well you cannot argue with that I’d been mad as well did not have that problem with the ones I got I have an uninstalled set that came from LMC that are painted I did not use them as I wanted the stainless I am going to pull them out and see if I can find my original to see how it compares as they were bought a couple of years later I think these places have different suppliers and whoever has the best price they may order from one batch made by Ching and the next batch made by Chang But they all come to us with their name on it The biggest complaint I have heard on this site is that they sit too low but that clips on the original ones versus the new ones were in the same position they were fater I cut one up and underneath of the felt there is a material like strip caulk there was no felt left on mine I am sure the original ones were made differently and could have been thinner but still had no issues I straightened out the flange on both trucks in bodywork I can feel it bump the outside one but it rolls up just fine I believe the glass sit closer to the outside as I have plenty of room on the inside one On both trucks

Last edited by nsb29; 03-21-2019 at 08:11 AM.
nsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #16
jbgroby

OK, I received the new ones from Rubber the Right way this past week. The are identicel to the OEM ones that came on our trucks. I hope to install these this weekend, I'll take pics and write up a short tutorial for the group. Here are some pictures. The kit comes with 4 pieces. The pictures with the two strips is from the 6066 GMC board. The strip on the left is an OEM and the right is a taiwan re-pop. You can see the OEM design matches the NEW Rubber the Right Way version.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #17
bigmoe

That's 60-63. I wonder if the 64-66 are as good?
bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #18
bigmoe

That's 60-63. I wonder if the 64-66 are as good?
bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #19
kdad

Well I ordered the 64-66 and from what I have heard they are the same as the 60-63.
we will know very shortly if they are the same or not.

Just a lil insight on the Asian manufacturing process. Over the years I have delt with large projects and had thousands of products made around the world from various vendors. The Chinese vendors always tweek my original designs and make them as quick and cheap as possible sacrificing dimension with total disregard to what I originally sent them. Its just a way of doing business with them. they made a similar product but sadly enough its just off a small amount and like these felt rattle strips. That small amount makes them useless. The big surprise is these say right on the package MADE IN USA... SMH

Old 03-21-2019, 11:44 AM   #20
kdad

Update this morning I called BROTHERS TRUCKS where I made the original order for these window felt anti rattle strips... Explained the situation. Sent them photos and they were surprised but instead of arguing that I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about. They thanked me for calling and credited my account the full amount. Then they explained they would contact Precision and until Precision resolves the non fit issue they will pull them off the shelves.. All is good in the free world and faith has been restored in dealing with the supplier Brothers Truck Parts... AMEN

Old 03-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #21
forestb

I ordered a set from Precision and dealt with them directly. They were the closest I have seen to original and I have ordered from several companies. The problem I have with all of them is that my window rolls all the way up but I can see the door flex as the window goes up. I am beginning to think that the problem might be the original design not the reproduction fuzzies. The only ones that stopped my windows from going all the way up are the ones from Steal Rubber. Below is a link to the thread about my research.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=707217
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:27 PM   #22
nsb29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
OK, I received the new ones from Rubber the Right way this past week. The are identicel to the OEM ones that came on our trucks. I hope to install these this weekend, I'll take pics and write up a short tutorial for the group. Here are some pictures. The kit comes with 4 pieces. The pictures with the two strips is from the 6066 GMC board. The strip on the left is an OEM and the right is a taiwan re-pop. You can see the OEM design matches the NEW Rubber the Right Way version.
The clip on the New one is almost in the center of the anti-Radler the original one sits closer to the bottom that will make yours set lower in the door this is one from LMC its closer to the ones you got than oem thay both have different clips than oem but the real problem is the design of the door and the way the window favers the out side thay all are going to hit LOL
Name:  EAB154EC-0849-4424-84D4-2AB4CCE34BD5.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  24.1 KB
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #23
kdad

Forestb and NSB29

I believe it has not as much to do with where the clip is mounted to the fuzzy rail but how thick the edge of the rail is. whats happening is the original rail as you can see in the picture I provided is very thin (Enough so the window goes right by it) in the repops as well as the ones you have posted have a significantly thicker bead at the edge causing the rail to sit out further and become hung up on the metal rail that holds the glass... Just my thoughts but we shall see when the new ones arrive.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #24
nsb29

I think one thing everybody needs to remember these are old trucks nothing was ever meant to fit LMAO I also think that the flange on the door when the old ones are removed becomes bent Which reduces the clearance in some cases I would like to see someone post a picture from an original truck so we could see were they sat in relation with the door But I still believe the biggest problem is in the design of the door
Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #25
dracko

I wrecked the first set of Precision strips while removing them because they wouldn’t let the window go past. Told Precision what was happening and they said the flange needs to be bent back. They sent me another set free of charge and after bending the flange back on the drivers side, the glass goes all the way up, although it’s a crazy tight fit and the strips sit below the door.

Tried the same on the PS and it was a no go. Looking forward to seeing how those rubber right way ones fit.

Last edited by dracko; 03-22-2019 at 10:12 AM.
dracko is offline   Reply With Quote