The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
gezn2

Craigslist score, and some questions :)

I've been a lurker lately, but I've got one you guys might be able to help with.
I've been watching for parts to redo the front clip on my '85 C10, it has a healthy case of the usual rot with the mounts for the radiator support hanging on by a thread and the inners looking like swiss cheese, a deer encounter last fall ruined any chance of saving the semi-decent passenger side outer
Lo and behold my local Craigslist turns up with an affordable decent clip that wasn't impossibly far away, and it didn't evaporate overnight, I snatched it up today . Part of the reason it stayed up was the big round TruckLights cut into the fenders over the factory side-markers, the donor started life as a US government 5/4 ton dually and eventually saw time as a firetruck.
I've got solid sheet metal here, a few minor hickeys I'm ready to live with and those big lights don't bother me a bit
Which leads to my first question, this thing came with the full semi-unmolested front wiring harness in great condition all the way back to the firewall plug, my Scottsdale has dual headlights but this clip has everything in place for singles, are the pinouts all the same or am I going to have to make some adjustments?
And question #2, the outside grille molding is straight and complete but painted, there is CARC down underneath all the paint layers, were these ever bright or were they a separate part # meant for paint?
Attached Images

gezn2 is offline   Reply With Quote