The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Pargolf

Windshield wiper problem and Barrett Jackson pic

Hey guys,

Went to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale last week and took a pic of a beautiful 66 4WD for your viewing pleasure, no idea what it sold for.

My wipers don't work and have not since purchased. The PO said he didn't know why, the motor runs but the blades don't wipe.

I took the arms off, the cowling and checked the linkage, lubricated everything and reassembled. The motor turns at low and high, but when the arms are attached it's almost as though the arms have such a tight spring pressing the blades against the windshield, that they couldn't move freely if they wanted to. I am sure these are not original equipment (at least that would be my guess), they seem too short to fully wipe the windshield. Any ideas? Do I just go and buy and new set of arms that don't have as much spring action and pressure on the windshield? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Attached Images

2011 Acura MDX
Pargolf is offline   Reply With Quote