The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #26
C10agent

Re: What's this pickup worth

11k looks good for that joker!! Make sure he has a clean title.
20" American Racing Daytonas
IG - neilioustx - pictures of build/progress

Born and Raised in the Promised Land....
TEXAS Y'ALL!!
C10agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #27
johnmiller66

Well, that was a wasted trip. Little rougher than the pics show. The search continues.
johnmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #28
tlcrz1972

The price is real good, but make sure it is a true shorted and not a frame chop.
If it is a frame chop, knock off a whole bunch.
1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne LB 1/2 ton finished restoration/rebuild 1995 350 throttle body FI, 4L6E (running on modified GM wiring harness) 3.08 posi rearend, factory A/C on 134A, p/s, p/b, late 70's power windows and locks and cruise, speakers in the dash + 6x9's behind the seat, factory tilt, 40 gallon fuel tank in the bed with integrated tool box, air assist bags on the rearend, sway bar up front and much more.

1972 chevrolet SNB finished 2002, 350 TB FI, TH400, factory A/C, p/b, p/s, (FOR SALE)

1969 Chevrolet 1 ton in work, home made PTO dump bed extended frame, 350 CI ,

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton suburban future project

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton p/u maybe a project one day

1966 Toyota Landcruiser my playtoy
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #29
johnmiller66

It was a frame chop. It drove and ran well, but not something I would have been happy with.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #30
slikside

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmiller66 View Post
It was a frame chop. It drove and ran well, but not something I would have been happy with.
Good for you, and congratulations! I mean that sincerely. You found something HUGE and BEFORE you paid the $$$ for it. You should feel good about that.

There are those who have only found this out AFTER they bought it. I remember one guy who was apoplectic about this very thing. You have saved yourself all that misery.

Having said all that, if it's done right, there is nothing wrong with it at all. So it just boils down to who the buyer is, and what their expectations are. This one wasn't for you, but it doesn't mean it can't be a good truck for someone else.

This fact should ABSOLUTELY be disclosed ahead of time by the seller, however. Doesn't mean it will be though.

Again, congrats for you!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #31
johnmiller66

I didn't sleep at all the night before I went all the way down to look at it and almost turned around a couple of times on the way. I really knew that pickup wasn't for me but it looked to nice to pass up after some of the pickups I have been looking at. I was honestly hoping to find issues so I could keep looking. Right now I really have my mind set on a short wide bed in kind of the patina or shop truck style.

I don't know if I will find what I want in the budget I have, but its fun looking, just very time consuming and expensive on gas. This website has been great and I cant stop looking at the picture threads. There are some sweet trucks on here. I just saw one on the classifieds that im really liking the looks of but its five hours away from me in Missouri and don't know when Id get a chance look at. Thanks again for all the replies and PMs ive gotten.
JM
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #32
hugger6933

John you mean he didn't tell you it was a long to short conversion? Has the frame been cut or changed? I know when I go to sell one[ now talking more of late model cause I do a lot more of those in building wrecks] I like to disclose EVERYTHING that has been done so that I can sleep at night. I live in a small town and like to see my customers in church at the stores at the ballgame or where ever. I don't want to have to duck or dodge anyone. If they aren't comfortable with what I tell them the deal is not to be and maybe that is why I am not loaded with money. I have some customers that are large farmers that farm in 15 to 20 thousand acre range and they buy lots of trucks and some other customers are second generation or third.
I am glad you didn't get burned on a bad deal, they hurt us all the love of the hobby,and each other when the fellow trucker takes advantage of a brother. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #33
johnmiller66

I knew it had been shortened. He told me. I just didn't like the way it was done. This is the fourth one I have looked at that's been cut down. I really don't have a problem owning one if it's done well and this one wasn't. I wasn't aware that it would effect the price as much as I'm hearing. I don't think he misled me, I just think a lot of people aren't as picky or anal about things as me. My wife has said before that she thinks I might have a little case of OCD. Lol
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #34
tcoop68
tcoop68

It looks like a nice truck I was thinking around 12 to 13 . Just going off photos 11 don't song bad.
tcoop68 is offline   Reply With Quote