The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
chewychevy67

Thumbs up "In the ten ring" great to deal with!!!

I had bought some nos Door skins in West Virginia from hotrodtodd and knowingly I bought them with shipping to Canada not being an option from the seller. So then I sought to find someone close to pick them up, crate and prep for shipping. I took care of the shipping as after that generosity I would expect non the less if I was doing this. His crate job was second to none and he was great to work with and communication was awesome. I am very happy I got these here in perfect condition. The people I have dealt with here are awesome. A+
Attached Images

chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: "In the ten ring" great to deal with!!!

Brother, it was my pleasure.

I didn't log my time and it will be hard to believe, but each crate took several days and up to 8 hours a day to build. I work very slowly....each screw has a pilot hole and I squared each crate to within about 1/8 of an inch. I centered each door skin and evenly spaced each and every screw symmetrically. Yes, I am that OCD.

I considered staining the crates but then I realized that was just insane. (I'm kidding, I never considered that).

If I was truly a good Samaritan, I would have done it without charge at all for my time. So don't brag on me too much!

I'm just glad my crazy ideas on packing worked as planned. I knew (or figured) that if I depended on packing peanuts or bubble wrap alone, I couldn't make it work. That first crate, with some bubble wrap, was a mistake......I did not repeat it on crate 2 and was able to return that bubble wrap for a refund.

Originally, I had planned to just frame the crates, leaving the top, bottom, and sides open. But I soon thought better of that and I think it was the right decision to go the full Monty.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 06-14-2016 at 11:36 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote