The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
Burbnasty

Matching second row square body folding seat material to Original seats

I'm finally getting back to the long sitting suburban project and while I have lots to do, from my understanding the seat upholstery is a time consuming process, so id like to start ordering things now.

From what I understand my 1970 Suburban 3/4 ton came as highly optioned as you could possibly get in a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban, it has the factory buckets and black scroll seats, it also has the matching scroll door panels and rear interior panels all the way to the back. Unfortunate I only got the second row seat, and it has buckets up front. This means I have big Suburban that currently seats 4 people. Part of the way I'm selling this project to myself and my wife is that it will be a big family hauler, thus I need more seating .

I have a complete Interior out of a 1990 square body suburban with the folding middle seat. My front original buckets could use recovering at some point but that is not necessary for now.

My question, does anyone one know of any period correct 67-72 material that I could use to recover the second row folding square body seat? I realize this will not be cheap and I am open to suggestions.

In a perfect world, a highlander, or hounds tooth with the matching scroll pattern on the vinyl portion would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers.

The interior is an important part of the look for me and I would prefer period correct, or period correct looking material.

I want to keep the buckets as I have a restored perfect shape console, but would be open to switching to a front bench for the added seating and ease of matching material.

If any square body guys have ever recovered a second or 73-91 seat in any cool material or anyone has suggestions id love to see pictures or hear from you guys.

(If this should be posted in the 73-91 Blazer/ Suburban section, let me know and I will move it there.)
Attached Images

Burbnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Travisarmenta

Re: Matching second row square body folding seat material to Original seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbnasty View Post
I'm finally getting back to the long sitting suburban project and while I have lots to do, from my understanding the seat upholstery is a time consuming process, so id like to start ordering things now.

From what I understand my 1970 Suburban 3/4 ton came as highly optioned as you could possibly get in a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban, it has the factory buckets and black scroll seats, it also has the matching scroll door panels and rear interior panels all the way to the back. Unfortunate I only got the second row seat, and it has buckets up front. This means I have big Suburban that currently seats 4 people. Part of the way I'm selling this project to myself and my wife is that it will be a big family hauler, thus I need more seating .

I have a complete Interior out of a 1990 square body suburban with the folding middle seat. My front original buckets could use recovering at some point but that is not necessary for now.

My question, does anyone one know of any period correct 67-72 material that I could use to recover the second row folding square body seat? I realize this will not be cheap and I am open to suggestions.

In a perfect world, a highlander, or hounds tooth with the matching scroll pattern on the vinyl portion would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers.

The interior is an important part of the look for me and I would prefer period correct, or period correct looking material.

I want to keep the buckets as I have a restored perfect shape console, but would be open to switching to a front bench for the added seating and ease of matching material.

If any square body guys have ever recovered a second or 73-91 seat in any cool material or anyone has suggestions id love to see pictures or hear from you guys.

(If this should be posted in the 73-91 Blazer/ Suburban section, let me know and I will move it there.)
It may take awhile and some money but third row Burb/rear K5 seats are out there.

Keep it original if you can.

SMS Fabrics sells the HIghlander material but its an arm and a leg. like $100 bucks a yard.
Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Matching second row square body folding seat material to Original seats

I too am planning to put a late 70's middle seat in my Burban with 2013 fronts. Like you I looking for a nice period correct upholstery look. As mine is a 67 I won't be looking for scrolling. I think the biggest issue with the late 70's middle row is making the spilt look balanced if you have inserts or scrolling.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote