The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
Rick Bollinger

Just a rant

I have never ordered from GMC Paul's before but have heard that he has great products. So last night I spent a couple hours going over his website and had about $500 in small items like window seals, rubber bumpers and such. Before ordering I thought that I would take another look in the morning before I order in case I missed something. Well opened the computer and nothing in my cart. Bummed because I pulled everything out of my head and didn't have it written down. Well now I know.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: Just a rant

Their site is pretty bad, although they have good service and prices and a few hard to find items. I hear ya, that’s frustrating.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
RodnRudy

https://www.cooperrestorations.com/
I have used Jeff at Cooper Restorations. He sells the good quality parts and is easy to deal with.
RodnRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
jocko

I believe that, in most cases, a site only retains cart items for extended periods of time when you are "logged in" - think Amazon and such types of online marketplaces. For a site that allows purchase without being logged in (i.e. "checkout as guest") or a site that treats ALL buyers as guests (i.e. no way to log in at all), I think carts automatically empty after some short period of idle time. So perhaps not a GMC Paul's issue.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #5
Rick Bollinger

I'm not saying anything against GMC Pauls from what I have seen everyone speaks highly of both customer service and his products. usually I order from Summit and other large companies. I am very bad about putting stuff in the cart and leaving it there for weeks even months at a time. I may not need it right away and like to order when I have enough to not have to pay shipping. When something comes up that I need right away I will order everything and not pay shipping.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:58 PM   #6
Smitty

I always make a list now days. But it’s due to memory issues. Can’t count the number of duplicates I’ve found. Getting old is so much fun.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:53 PM   #7
Thealien

If I want to remember cart contents I just take a screen shot, or two if its a big order.

I have done business with them for a decade. Don't like the no phone but they always respond within a day to emails and usually quicker.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #8
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Yes that has happened to me on GMCPauls site, more than once. Though GMCPauls can't really be compared to Amazon or Summit, as those guys push a TONs more product that allows them funds to have Web stores we expect to visit. I rather GMCPauls keeps their prices and support, then become more like Amazon or Summit.

That's not to say I have 100% satisfaction with what they sale or the support of products after the sale. One being the fiasco of upgrading my dash cluster to have a Tach - bad silk screen and poorly pressed tin. Both I did not realize the cause of my low light problem until another member here figured it out. I still wonder if the tins have been corrected or if some poor fellow is getting a substandard product.

Then the 72 Gas Cap I bought from them, which fit so poorly/loosely it let out more gas than the one it replaced. The follow up was my neck was to worn, which proved to be totally wrong as I got a NOS one here on the forms (big bucks) and it fits snug as a bug in a rug. This issue irked me more than the Tach, as it pushed the problem onto me (or rather my tank's neck).

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:55 PM   #9
MySons68C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
If I want to remember cart contents I just take a screen shot, or two if its a big order.

I have done business with them for a decade. Don't like the no phone but they always respond within a day to emails and usually quicker.
This above!
MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #10
Rick Bollinger

Well I guess the moderators felt that this should be moved to vender reviews. Well this was not meant as a review of GMC Pauls. I was and am still planning on re filling my shopping cart with his goods. There is far more positive reviews than negative ones. I don't feel qualified to review his business because I have never ordered from him. I was just simply *****ing about my cart not being carried over to the next day.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #11
MikeB

That's nuts. Many e-commerce sites save your cart for months or more. In fact, some send you reminders that there are items in your cart. I mean why in the heck would a vendor want to remove items from a cart that may turn into an order??? Maybe it's a website limitation and not a business decision.

I've heard good things about GMC Pauls, but have to say that each time I looked at their pricing + shipping, I found it to be the same or more than places like Classic Parts (formerly Brother's) and LMC.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!

Last edited by MikeB; 11-15-2021 at 11:05 PM.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:07 AM   #12
Rick Bollinger

What I understand about Paul's is that products that are not right or are problematic he discontinues them. I don't mind paying a little more for quality parts that are going to work like they should like glass seals.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #13
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
What I understand about Paul's is that products that are not right or are problematic he discontinues them. I don't mind paying a little more for quality parts that are going to work like they should like glass seals.
Good point. I used to buy 55 Chevy car parts from H&H Classic Parts in Arkansas. They would stop selling parts that customers had problems with. I remember the owner saying he'd rather lose a sale than have an unhappy customer.

Seems like one of those parts was a window regulator packaged and sold under several brand names, but all made in the same Chinese plant. As I recall, he finally started getting good ones from a company in Taiwan. (I could be wrong about the specific part, but you get the idea.)

I just got my 69 truck back earlier this year and had forgotten all about H&H, so I need to check them out again.

https://hhclassic.com/
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
Old 11-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #14
Rick Bollinger

Well I just placed a sizable order from GMC Pauls. It was a little over $700.00 mostly small stuff so I should get a pretty good feel for the vendor and quality of parts.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #15
MikeB

I also have to say that Classic Parts https://www.classicparts.com/1967-19...departments/7/ has been good to deal with over the years for 1969 and 1982 C10 parts. I've bought everything from bumpers to gauges from them. On one occasion when I had a question about a part, I was put in touch with a tech guy (or a really sharp sales guy). He sounded like he actually had experience installing that part on a truck like mine.

A few months ago I ordered several instrument panel items from them, for both 67-72 and square body. Their prices were the same or lower than other vendors, and everything on my list was in stock! So, one order and one shipping charge got me everything.

My only criticism was it took a few business days for the in-stock parts to ship, but I guess that's not unusual in these days of companies not being able to hire enough workers.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #16
Rick Bollinger

WOW I got a e-mail from GMC Pauls today saying that my order has shipped. I just placed it last night and the tracking says that it will be here tomorrow. There are over 30 items in the order. Thats fast!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #17
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
WOW I got a e-mail from GMC Pauls today saying that my order has shipped. I just placed it last night and the tracking says that it will be here tomorrow. There are over 30 items in the order. Thats fast!
That's great service! Were all the parts in stock?
Old 11-23-2021, 10:01 PM   #18
Rick Bollinger

Well I got the message that my order had been delivered today while at work. Got home and checked it out. It looks fantastic packed well, lots of bubble wrap and heavy paper wrapping the metal parts. I did a inventory off of the order form and it was all there and correct. There were 44 items ordered from front and back window seals to door seals, door latches and a bunch of other stuff. Looks great I ordered Sunday night and arrived Tuesday afternoon. Thanks GMC Pauls we will be talking again.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #19
franken

Myself, I wouldn't expect a cart to stay full for very long.
All the parts come from Asia. The vendor sells them, but doesn't control their quality so regardless of what seller you buy from the part is typically the same, good or bad.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote