The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #26
stepside68longbed

Re: lmctruck comments?

I have had no problem yet with lmc and have not tried others yet so I will continue with them for now and I always price check lmc has decent prices and exact parts. I flushed my tank out today its outside drying now scratched it up a little :/ 20gal tank filled with water is soooo heavy but its just a couple scratches no leaks n no trash that I seen come out.
stepside68longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
BrentRS1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
AS far as I know LMC are the only ones who offer the two options, most others only offer the premium.
Classic Industries bumper prices are very similar to LMC prices for the cheaper bumpers. Classic Industries doesn't mention anything about the quality of the chrome on their bumpers (triple nickel, etc.). This leads me to believe CI is selling the same bumpers as LMC's cheaper option. I've had one of the reproduction bumpers and the chrome started to show defects and blemishes after a year or so. I'm not sure if the cheaper price is worth it, even with a 20% discount code. I'm going to send CI an email asking about their chrome quality, I'm not going to hold my breath for a reply.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #28
69sinker

I've purchased over a thousand dollars worth of small parts from lmc in the last few years and had good and bad results. The good: hard to find smalls for cheap. Clips, switches, knobs, plastic emblems, cables, etc. The bad: very poor quality, unfortunately the quality looked great out of the box but after a few months it was evident. Mirrors rusted, door handle seals cracked (weathered), door glass anti-rattle seals cracked, headliner trim fell apart, cab stainless trim did not fit well, etc. Their cheap prices are inviting and fine for some but I wish I would of spent more for quality.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #29
stepside68longbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69sinker View Post
Their cheap prices are inviting and fine for some but I wish I would of spent more for quality.
Where do you get the "quality" parts from? I feel like every parts site is going to have their ups and downs aren't they? I plan on buying a lowering kit from them 3" in the rear 1" in the front and disk breaks front and a 5 lug drum for the back. If the crom stuff doent look good where do I get them from? I need all 3 mirrors and all door components and a little deceptive stuff like the polished black threshold. I was planning on buying it all at once to get the free shipping but I'd hate to do that then be stuck with it.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #30
kcsa75

I live 10 minutes from LMC in Lenexa, KS. I've not used them a lot, but they have saved my bacon on more than one occassion. They're open on Sunday!

Classic Parts of America is about 30-45 minutes away. I may be kidding myself, but I think the quality is better. Plus they have a way-cooler showroom.

Having said that, I've also bought a few more specialized things from GMC Pauls and couldn't be happier.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #31
69sinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside68longbed View Post
Where do you get the "quality" parts from? I feel like every parts site is going to have their ups and downs aren't they? I plan on buying a lowering kit from them 3" in the rear 1" in the front and disk breaks front and a 5 lug drum for the back. If the crom stuff doent look good where do I get them from? I need all 3 mirrors and all door components and a little deceptive stuff like the polished black threshold. I was planning on buying it all at once to get the free shipping but I'd hate to do that then be stuck with it.
I think you just have to do your research per item to find good quality. I did buy a rear bumper from lmc and so far (9 months) no problems. It has a five year warranty and not many of their other chrome items don't carry a warranty. Dave
Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #32
stepside68longbed

thanks Dave and wow I didn't know lmc had that kind of warranty