The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #1
nickbendy

Nick from El Paso Texas

Hello everyone!

Brand new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am been in the Army for the last 17 years and call El Paso Texas home even though I am currently stationed in South Korea. I have tons of time on my hands to research so I'm hoping I can jump right back in when I get home.

My project is a 58 Apache Shortbed Stepside that I purchased for $300 when I was 13 years old at a farm auction in NW Minnesota (Home). I have a 2004 Silverado 5.3L motor along with a 4L60E Transmission ready to go in when I get back home.

I am currently doing my research on front/rear suspension options. At this point I am leaning toward a 2" drop Mustang II suspension from Helix suspension with adjustable coilovers. For the rear, I plan to stick with leaf springs but do enough drop to make the truck sit as close to level as possible.

Rear end is still up in the air but the more research I do, I will probably go with a 70s Camaro/firebird 8.5" rearend with mid to upper 3 gears.

The body of the truck is in relatively good condition other than the front fenders which I plan on replacing if I can find a decent original steel set for a reasonable price.

Any tips or advice that you guys can give will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to learning from all you guys that have been down this road before!
nickbendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
thehata1

Re: Nick from El Paso Texas

Nick,

Welcome to forum. Thank you for your service.

Stanley
thehata1 is offline   Reply With Quote