The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #26
Spydarbug

Re: Looking for LS swap installers

No worries. I too am curious as to why this would not be a good option. I watched a full video on the install and that looks very easy to do with minimal tools.
Spydarbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:29 AM   #27
cornerstone

Hey there... I can tell you that I spoke to Alex Rakich, about a year ago, who is the owner of Rakich Performance in Dallas Texas. He quoted me $2000. labor to install (minus exhaust, and drive shaft) a 5.3 and 4l60e into a 72 C10. He also sources low mile drive trains at good prices. He is a very highly talented and smart guy. I'm confident he has done 100's of LS swaps, into probably every make of car or truck. I know its a long haul but even with the price of shipping I think you would still come out way cheaper. He is on face book if you want to look him up, or PM me for his number. I have never done business with him and have no gain in bringing this to your attention, and of course do your own research. Good luck with that purdy truck!
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:44 AM   #28
bennylava

I've been quoted $1,500 on labor a time or two. Doesn't sound unreasonable.
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #29
Spydarbug

Cornerstone,
Thanks for passing that information along, I'll keep that in mind provided I can't find something around these parts. Another board member shared a contact that's a couple hours away, so I'm going to see if that pans out. I realize getting into the LS game is a bit of a hit up front compared to a standard SBC, but I still believe that a budget of 5-6k should be able to pay for everything (motor, trans, labor, etc.) Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #30
mongocanfly
Post Whore

well i didnt mean to come across sounding like that but.. I've got no "real" issues with the holley system except for the cost..your basically paying more for that as you will for a complete LS engine...I'm sure its great technology but I can buy 2 LS engines for what it costs....but if your paying someone to do the LS swap it would probably be cheaper...and should be a simple install with basic tools...a lot of what makes the LS so great is the internals topped off with the fuel injection. ...I don't know how or if the holley would improve a sb to the LS levels but I do know my carbd sb lacked in power and mpgs....my stock LS dynoed at 344hp and gets great mpgs..even with 4.10 gears...it would have cost a lot of $$$ to get that from a sb....and still wouldn't have the mpgs
when I did my swap years ago the only guy that would give me any info was a guy in Chattanooga. ..hes done lots of customer swaps and sells engine/trans setups..although I did all my own work...I would think 5-6k would be a fair price

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver

Last edited by mongocanfly; 01-21-2018 at 09:37 AM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
Spydarbug

Hello all,
It's been over 5 months since this post, and I wanted to give an update. Well, there is nothing to update, as I have gotten nowhere.I'm still unable to find any to do my swap. Still talking to shops, and other board members who all say they can help, but when I want to come check them out or make arrangements, the emails stop coming. Lol. It amazes me how difficult this has been. So, I wanted to put out a reminder to anyone who may be interested in performing my swap let me know. All of the particulars are at the beginning of this post , but I can re-send it to anyone. The down and dirty is 5-6k out the door, and approximately 6hr from the Montgomery, AL area. Thanks!