The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
MacataQ

new member from the great white north

hi all
as the title suggests, i am a new member from the Niagara Falls area, not really that close to the Falls, but my town you would never have heard of. i have been on the site for a year or so but never registered since i didn't actually OWN a 67-72 Chevy. that changed last week when i finally found a truck that i could hopefully bring back to its former glory. i negotiated what i believe was a good and fair price and was excited to start on my journey, unfortunately i have run into some VIN/Ownership troubles i am hoping i get get sorted out. the truck is from the US and the fellow that bought it brought it over the border, paying all the required taxes but never registered it in Ontario. he had the original signed ownership from the owner. but it seems that the previous owner, an elderly gentleman, signed in red ink!! the people at the MTO( (your DMV) said there was no way they could even touch a document like that. wondering if any one here has had any similar experiences and could offer any advice on how to solve this problem. the guy i purchased the truck from is as frustrated as i am and has offered to give me a full refund, he is not trying to pull a fast one or anything. this can be a great truck, and i have been waiting for the right one for a long time.
appreciate any help you could offer.thanx
mac
MacataQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
1Rusty90

Re: new member from the great white north

Welcome from another new guy.
1Rusty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
Redneck Rydes

Welcome to the site, I am on Ontario,you could try another MTO office,also try going to the justice of the peace in your area,explain your story and I am sure they will help you out,I have been to my MTO in my town,said they would not transfer my U.S. Truck at all, drove 20 kms to the next town, went in and 10 minutes later walked out with my ownership.Every office is different, although it is still a government agency,every office does things differently.
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Aberdare

Welcome to the Board!

Yea, every office is different, and being in Manitoba I have to deal with AUTOPAC (MPIC)... Personally, I think they have an internal policy not to allow registration for anything 10 years or older... but that's another story, and best contemplated over a bottle of scotch.

POST PICTURES!
I'm just going to put an OUT-OF-ORDER sign on my forehead... and call it a day.
Aberdare is offline   Reply With Quote