The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
BKWDco

Ridetech Shockwave Air Springs

I am trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger and put a set of these on my TCI front end. Has anyone used them? Have any thoughts about them? How do they ride? I figure it is a spendy enough set up that it would be worth searching out any extra info. Thanks in advance

http://www.ridetech.com/applications...e-1000-series/
BKWDco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: Ridetech Shockwave Air Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDco View Post
I am trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger and put a set of these on my TCI front end. Has anyone used them? Have any thoughts about them? How do they ride? I figure it is a spendy enough set up that it would be worth searching out any extra info. Thanks in advance

http://www.ridetech.com/applications...e-1000-series/

know what you want. do you want super slammed parked stance with good ride height? probably want something else.

if you have a good ride height and want to be 2" lower than your ride height when parked, then shockwaves will probably work.

the very MOST lift you can get is right there on the page, 4.1". and since you dont drive around topped out, you can expect 2" of lift and lower, 4" to clear an obstacle. hold out your pointer, middle, and ring finger and look at it. thats ~2" of lift.

where shockwaves make sense is the low daily driver that doesnt violate scrub height (nothing is lower than the rim) when the suspension is fully compressed. where they dont make sense is the rocker-on-the-ground ride, because at ride height the rocker is only 2" off the ground.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
BKWDco

thank you for the reply. Its a daily driver that sits a little lower than stock. (the ifs dropped it a bit). The guy at TCI thought that the 14in shockwaves should be able to maintain the current ride height, which is what I would like.

I'm looking for something with a bit of easy adjustablility and a smoother ride.
BKWDco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDco View Post
thank you for the reply. Its a daily driver that sits a little lower than stock. (the ifs dropped it a bit). The guy at TCI thought that the 14in shockwaves should be able to maintain the current ride height, which is what I would like.

I'm looking for something with a bit of easy adjustablility and a smoother ride.
Just for clarification, when you take into account the motion ratio of that front suspension, you will actually get more travel that just the 4.1in of stroke on the Shockwave. With a 4.1 stroke, factoring in motion ratio, you will actually get about 6in of travel out at the wheel.
I will advise being careful riding around too high. Not having enough rebound travel will cause the shock to violently top out. Over time, this could eventually lead to shock failure.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
Iceburgh

Imo they ride very rough at any inflated pressure
Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #6
exploderjim

I have the shockwaves On my 64 Impala and as mentioned above if your daily driving it they are very nice and smooth at a lowered stance. I'm very happy with them. I did see these on ebay for $800 or best offer if that helps you any.
exploderjim is offline   Reply With Quote