The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #576
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Karl...Pm me your paypal. I really appreciate it.
Do you happen to have the big washer bolts that go on the inside at the bottom of the front fender?
John, I don't use paypal anymore. I switched to Venmo, but I think someone else is going to take care of this for you. I will need your mailing address to ship out the parts. I most likely have those too. I will look through my stash at home and at my shop. If I have them, I'll put them in the same package.

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #577
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
John, I don't use paypal anymore. I switched to Venmo, but I think someone else is going to take care of this for you. I will need your mailing address to ship out the parts. I most likely have those too. I will look through my stash at home and at my shop. If I have them, I'll put them in the same package.
Well that certainly was nice of someone to pay for you John! I always knew the people on this board are the best.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #578
Johns 66

I really appreciate it alot Karl...and whomever was nice enough to pay the ship cost.
Andy is so right...there are really good folks on this board....aint gonna let ine bad apple spoil the bunch or joy of workimg on girl
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #579
Johns 66

Well I must be really getting old....I ordered some Grade 8 bolts, washers and lock washers...and they came in...As I looked through the box I was wondering where the nuts were...….I didn't order any......just gotta laugh at yourself some times.

Andy and I were talking and its amazing at what all goes into these trucks and how much you learn doing them yourself. I have no idea how people get these things done in a year....lol
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #580
aggie91

Quote:
I really appreciate it alot Karl...and whomever was nice enough to pay the ship cost.
Andy is so right...there are really good folks on this board....aint gonna let ine bad apple spoil the bunch or joy of workimg on girl
The box shipped out yesterday, tracking number for USPS is 9505512441260219275871. You should get it on Monday they said.

Along with the 4 washer/spacers is two lower fender bolts, they are not OE correct for a 66, but should still work. Tossed in a couple of shims that was in my stash with the bolts. Hope it all works for you.

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)

The LST Challenge:

Old 08-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #581
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Well I must be really getting old....I ordered some Grade 8 bolts, washers and lock washers...and they came in...As I looked through the box I was wondering where the nuts were...….I didn't order any......just gotta laugh at yourself some times.

Andy and I were talking and its amazing at what all goes into these trucks and how much you learn doing them yourself. I have no idea how people get these things done in a year....lol
I'm older than you (by a year), so if you are getting old...hmmm

I am not sure I would want to do it in a year...at least not with my knowledge base. I don't learn how to do something until I need to do it...sometimes it takes a few days/weeks to figure out how to do it.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #582
cwcarpenter98

I also don't know how people do these in a year. It's taken me 2 weeks just to refinish my wood bed! And the only board I had to cut was one replacement piece

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #583
roll_the_dice

Is it any fun if you do it in a year? I mean you are done, but half the fun are the discussions on the board and the people I have met both in person and talking on here and the relationships you build with people.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #584
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Is it any fun if you do it in a year? I mean you are done, but half the fun are the discussions on the board and the people I have met both in person and talking on here and the relationships you build with people.
Need a like button for posts like this!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #585
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Exactly! It's more fun taking your time and being able to enjoy it rather than rushing through things. Sometimes you just have to take a day or two and do something other than working on it

Overdrive wiring here

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
Old 08-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #586
Johns 66

Quote:
The box shipped out yesterday, tracking number for USPS is 9505512441260219275871. You should get it on Monday they said.

Along with the 4 washer/spacers is two lower fender bolts, they are not OE correct for a 66, but should still work. Tossed in a couple of shims that was in my stash with the bolts. Hope it all works for you.
Karl..I appreciate it so much.....one day when this Rona is over maybe we can all meet up in person
Quote:
I'm older than you (by a year), so if you are getting old...hmmm

I am not sure I would want to do it in a year...at least not with my knowledge base. I don't learn how to do something until I need to do it...sometimes it takes a few days/weeks to figure out how to do it.
Well I think at our age one year isnt going to matter. Im with you, part of the fun working on old trucks is going through the challenges and figuring things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I also don't know how people do these in a year. It's taken me 2 weeks just to refinish my wood bed! And the only board I had to cut was one replacement piece
Good thing is that you did it yourself all the while learning more and more.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Exactly! It's more fun taking your time and being able to enjoy it rather than rushing through things. Sometimes you just have to take a day or two and do something other than working on it
Exactly....this is why I really like going to car/truck shows.....Our trucks are extensions of ourselves in some ways and we get to share that with others....I have always met some great people at events and have met some wonderful and caring folks here. I try my best to pay it forward when I can and hopefully I do that.

Even when things go totally wrong , like my bolts, it is an opportunity to learn more...now I know the EXACT Sizes of bolts...lol

Speaking of things going wrong...next post.
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-09-2020, 08:07 AM   #587
Johns 66

I was once told that a wise man knows his limitations and while I am all for learning knew things I have conceded that its time to have someone else do ole Girl's makeup.

Over the last few days I have taken a look at all the body panels that I sanded, primed and sanded some more. Since it has been a year waiting on the bolts I didnt do too much to her but now that I have I noticed some places where the primer has cracked.

Not sure why really, it could have been put on too thick, mixed wrong, surface not clean....I have no clue. I guess the good thing is that it wasnt color because thats alot more expensive than primer.

So tomorrow I am taking most of my parts to the body shop to have them painted. Before they are sprayed Ill take the cab and doors over but since my trailer is only so big Ill save the cab for last.

While she is getting her makeup done I will get the chassis back together. We are going to get the front cradle on with the disc brakes, and have decided that I am gonna change the rear axles myself, if I mess them up I can always take it somewhere to have it fixed.

Depending on how it goes Im going to try and get the motor and tranny back in and ready to go, get some brake lines run etc....so hopefully I can set the body on the frame when she gets back from the beauty shop. After she is all back together and running Ill take her back and get the stripe painted.

Andy is sending me a brake line bending tool that I think is really gonna help alot and with the bolts I am getting from Karl, plus some others that I have rounded up I may just be abe to get her back together...but Im sure that I have forgotten some.

Since the motor was rebuilt AGAIN, Ill have to get is painted up again but that should be too hard.

Still doing some research on putting a Fitech fuel injection on it....may have to wait on it till I absorb the cost of having her painted.....one thing for sure is that we are moving forward........and Im excited!!!!!!
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM   #588
J Williams

John, your truck looks amazing man! Good work. I can’t wait to see those shoes all mounted up. Those are the exact shoes I wanted to get for my build. Keep up the good work! Sorry your bolts were stolen, that sucks. As far as taking more than a year.... well I started when I was 15 and now I am 37!! Haha, the fun is the build and I have enjoyed talking and passing advice with members. Makes for a fun experience! I will definitely be following your build.
Posted via Mobile Device
J Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #589
Johns 66

Karl,
I got the package today and I really do appreciate it so very much. They are gonna work perfect.

Well the first step is now in process. Loaded up the body parts and took them to the body shop. The 3 parts that flaked they are gonna take them back down,,better safe than sorry.

Ill get the cab off the frame this week and get it taken to the shop as well....In the meantime Ill get the chassis put together....New front disc brakes, new rear axles and get her new shoes put on the frame to make it a roller....Ill get the motor and tranny back in it and when the body shop is done Ill take the chassis up there and have them set it on the frame.
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #590
roll_the_dice

Wooohooo Moving right along!
Old 08-11-2020, 12:58 AM   #591
J Williams

Heck yeah! looking like progress! can't wait to see it put together!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #592
aggie91

Glad I could help. Did you try the two bolts out to see if they threaded into the lower fender mount?

The LST Challenge:

Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #593
Johns 66

Quote:
Glad I could help. Did you try the two bolts out to see if they threaded into the lower fender mount?
I did and they fit perfectly......

Gonna get the cab off and take it to the body shop this week....so slowly but surely.

Got the brake line flaring tool from Andy today...cant wait to get started on the chassis
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #594
Johns 66

Its funny how things get put into perspective. Yesterday I was supposed to start a construction project with the grade work. When I arrived at the job site I saw a brand new excavator on its side. It slid on the metal ramps as they were unloading it....needless to say no grade work was done. Thankfully noone was hurt just some bumps and bruises.
The owner was of course upset, but I reminded him the Good Lord is in control and for some reason this happened even though we may not ever know why.....Im sure it was little comfort seeing a brand new 300k machine on its side.

So as I drove home it made me think about my truck and the issues that I have had with my bolts disappearing, the primer that cracked etc.....all small things in the grand scheme.

A couple of weeks ago I reached out to a company 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks, concerning my bolts. I knew they had plenty of parts etc....so I reached out to Tony. I had heard bad things about them, but after an email or 2 I sent him the money and he promised to send me some bolts for my truck....Well when I didnt hear from him I was like...yep I got took AGAIN. but I emailed him again and he explained some of the issues he was going through and promised to get me some bolts.

Well today when the mail ran....guess what? I got the bolts and I mean I got ALL the bolts.....every bolt that I need best I can tell. Not only did I get every bolts, each bolts set was tags and packaged individually, each bolt is either zinc coated, stainless or black phosphate....It was a nice surprise...I was so excited I called Andy...LOL.

All bolts are original bolts that have been refurbished, and its funny as I looked at them I knew exactly where they go.....

Im so excited to be getting back on my truck.....Its rained here in the evenings so cant really do a whole bunch but Ill get the cab off next week and get it to the body shop..and Ill get the chassis done
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4

Last edited by Johns 66; 08-12-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #595
SCOTI

Quote:
Its funny how things get put into perspective. Yesterday I was supposed to start a construction project with the grade work. When I arrived at the job site I saw a brand new excavator on its side. It slid on the metal ramps as they were unloading it....needless to say no grade work was done. Thankfully noone was hurt just some bumps and bruises.
The owner was of course upset, but I reminded him the Good Lord is in control and for some reason this happened even though we may not ever know why.....Im sure it was little comfort seeing a brand new 300k machine on its side.

So as I drove home it made me think about my truck and the issues that I have had with my bolts disappearing, the primer that cracked etc.....all small things in the grand scheme.

A couple of weeks ago I reached out to a company 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks, concerning my bolts. I knew they had plenty of parts etc....so I reached out to Tony. I had heard bad things about them, but after an email or 2 I sent him the money and he promised to send me some bolts for my truck....Well when I didnt hear from him I was like...yep I got took AGAIN. but I emailed him again and he explained some of the issues he was going through and promised to get me some bolts.

Well today when the mail ran....guess what? I got the bolts and I mean I got ALL the bolts.....every bolt that I need best I can tell. Not only did I get every bolts, each bolts set was tags and packaged individually, each bolt is either zinc coated, stainless or black phosphate....It was a nice surprise...I was so excited I called Andy...LOL.

All bolts are original bolts that have been refurbished, and its funny as I looked at them I knew exactly where they go.....

Im so excited to be getting back on my truck.....Its rained here in the evenings so cant really do a whole bunch but Ill get the cab off next week and get it to the body shop..and Ill get the chassis done
I know Tony was on this site for a while & then things went South. Not sure of the details nor did I care. I recently came across him on IG & started following.

Cool to see people helping people.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 08-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #596
Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I know Tony was on this site for a while & then things went South. Not sure of the details nor did I care. I recently came across him on IG & started following.

Cool to see people helping people.
Thats how I found him..he was a suggestion on IG. Im like you....not sure what happened and none of my business. All I can go on is gow he is treating me.
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #597
cwcarpenter98

I'm glad to hear you have all the bolts now. I can't wait to see it all back together again!

Overdrive wiring here

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

Old 08-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #598
SCOTI

Now that you have the bolts & are getting some help on the panels/metal work, you should be done by Aug. '21 right??

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-12-2020, 09:19 PM   #599
Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Now that you have the bolts & are getting some help on the panels/metal work, you should be done by Aug. '21 right??

Body shop said it should take them a month to get it painted. So in that month I should be able to get the chassis done. Ill take the chassis and let the body shop set it on the frame which should help out alot, drivetrain will be installed when I do that.
So.....
Then wiring and assembly which will take I have no clue.....but with each bolt itll be one step closer.
My goal will be March 21
2019 GMC AT4
Old 08-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #600
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Body shop said it should take them a month to get it painted. So in that month I should be able to get the chassis done. Ill take the chassis and let the body shop set it on the frame which should help out alot, drivetrain will be installed when I do that.
So.....
Then wiring and assembly which will take I have no clue.....but with each bolt itll be one step closer.
My goal will be March 21
I think that goal is attainable. Just in time for your birthday!?