The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #451
dwcardfan

Re: tuba trucks

Happy birthday!!!!!
dwcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #452
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Happy Birthday Clem!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #453
Jeff La

Happy Birthday Clem, wishing you many more
Jeff La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #454
clemdaddy

a big thank you to all the well-wishers out there… 66 years old but still going strong. every birthday at this point is very appreciated and hopefully there will be many more. I've got a bunch of trucks to build yet and as of today… quite a few customers who want them built, so that gives purpose to the retirement time that Tuba Trucks brings. I do want to thank you guys for putting up with this old fart and next year… get your butt over to the October (toy drive) party. definitely worth looking forward to, check it out.

this weekend i promise to take pics of the current projects and where we are with them. so please check back in...
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #455
flashed

Clem ,I am hoping to come next year ,can you recommend a place to stay close by ?
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #456
uk54

Clem another happy birthday whish, I have to say that as the years clock up they do seem to get shorter and I can hardly believe a years gone by since we agreed a deal on Tina who is now in my shop here in UK after a long cruise across the Atlantic, she passed our MOT test (inspection) with no problems. I am waiting final registration and being issued with tag number, then for a legal maiden test drive. Will post up some pics when I get her on the road.

Thanks again Michael
uk54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #457
clemdaddy

It's been a while since this old man has felt like there's a brotherhood out there that comes together occasionally and does some really really cool stuff. But now is one of those times. Thanks go out to Bomp, Grizz, Mike, Paul, Donnie, Chad… I know I'm forgetting some… sorry, senior moment.
I do appreciate you guys and I had a great time ( Big Thank You) and I wish that Don and Bret had made it up too. but... then theres next year.

OK enough of the sentimental stuff… here's whats going on in Tuba's World. We are 'Back To The 50s'. I understand that this is a thread about 60-66 but right now we have 3 builds from the older cool trucks and since this place is our home, here is where we post it…

First up is a Tuba Truck that started out coming to us a couple of years ago as a 1-ton step side. A straight 1952 5 window truck... but who really wants a 1-ton step side, it has the worlds longest step bed. So, we put the good cab and clip on a much shorter half ton frame and chopped down a 10 foot factory flatbed to come up with something different. The plan is stock drive train and suspension, just everything restored like new. Do a killer paint job and interior and see if it draws interest. Here's some pics of Flatty-FiftyTwo.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #458
bj383ss

Nice. Thanks for the Update Clem. Looking forward to this build. Hopefully I can make it up next year if even for just a day trip. Don't know if Jaybird will come but I would definitely like to bring her to one when she is done.

Bret
Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #459
Bomp

Never been homesick before especially since I'm home. Or am I home away from home?..
Wish'n I was there pullin' wrenches on Flatty-FiftyTwo.
Pickin' up dog bombs or something simple like Christmas light wiring. Chair repair.

All I can say is be careful Fellas cause Clemdaddys place isn't just a hang out, it feels like home.

Adoption papers are signed and in the mail.
Give Gus a tug on his tire rope toy for me Pop.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:07 AM   #460
mjh1965

I am looking forward to this one , as it's also one of my favourite style trucks . I know it's a 60-66 thread but it's where we look to see what's going on at Tuba Trucks . So keep the pictures coming.

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #461
dwcardfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Never been homesick before especially since I'm home. Or am I home away from home?..
Pickin' up dog bombs or something simple like Christmas light wiring. Chair repair.

All I can say is be careful Fellas cause Clemdaddys place isn't just a hang out, it feels like home.

So when are you and the wife moving down here to Arkansas? I think you would fit right in.
dwcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #462
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Clem ,I am hoping to come next year ,can you recommend a place to stay close by ?
Coming over next year would be great. No problem on a place to stay, done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk54 View Post
Clem another happy birthday whish, I have to say that as the years clock up they do seem to get shorter and I can hardly believe a years gone by since we agreed a deal on Tina who is now in my shop here in UK after a long cruise across the Atlantic, she passed our MOT test (inspection) with no problems. I am waiting final registration and being issued with tag number, then for a legal maiden test drive. Will post up some pics when I get her on the road.

Thanks again Michael
You're more than welcome Michael… Happy Motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Nice. Thanks for the Update Clem. Looking forward to this build. Hopefully I can make it up next year if even for just a day trip. Don't know if Jaybird will come but I would definitely like to bring her to one when she is done.

Bret
Good deal Brett… I bet Jaybird could use a road trip, looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post

Thanks Bomp. I will return the signed papers with the BBW you got from Paul. Still collecting cardboard but soon on its way. Had great fun with you , Grizz, Murph and his very cool lady staying with us this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1965 View Post
I am looking forward to this one , as it's also one of my favourite style trucks . I know it's a 60-66 thread but it's where we look to see what's going on at Tuba Trucks . So keep the pictures coming.
I agree on the 50s trucks. My first truck build was my 48 that I still have and its up for a redo. Missed you this year Martin… next year for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcardfan View Post
So when are you and the wife moving down here to Arkansas? I think you would fit right in.
Exactly… a perfect fit.

The second build in the "Back to the Fifties' chapter of Tuba is a very complete 1950 model that is begging to stay original. It is just too nice to modify and the owner is online with this thinking. He has sent the 216 babbit motor out for a rebuild and we are going to start with a very small amount of floor repair. There is a couple of places where Daniel will throw a patch at the truck but overall its in unbelievable shape. This truck and I came to earth the same year, just wish I was in as good of shape…

We didn't get a picture of the complete truck until the front clip was off but then we noticed that it was repainted green. Originally a burgundy color which I can't recall ever seeing… I hope the owner will want it painted the original color because there is a ton of green ones out there and that burgundy is beautiful.
And here she is…
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #463
rusty76

Cool stuff
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #464
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.

Very cool, Clem!
Both of those trucks are in unbelievable condition!...My dad's '48 was pretty much scrap from the floor-pan down...door bottoms, rockers & floor were replaced. Everything else was just dented, but you would never know it now. Although it would have been nice to start with something better! LOL!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM   #465
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Cool stuff
thanks Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Very cool, Clem!
Both of those trucks are in unbelievable condition!...My dad's '48 was pretty much scrap from the floor-pan down...door bottoms, rockers & floor were replaced. Everything else was just dented, but you would never know it now. Although it would have been nice to start with something better! LOL!
Thanks Mike… My first truck build was a 48, unfortunately it has fallen into a state of disrepair or is it despair. the following 58 truck was a complete basket case…

this 1958 came from an auction and I never had any intentions except to rob the good stuff from it and scrap the rest. It was a deluxe half ton cab with all the window and grill chrome in good shape, big back window, deluxe heater, good steering wheel, all the deluxe interior stuff, 235 six that turns over.

the frame was a weird stacked 1-ton 18 footer with no bed. the cab was rusted throughout and what wasn't rusted was smashed up pretty bad. can't build them all and too old to build the bad ones anymore besides theres a 58 project outback that needs these parts.

we did cut the complete front end off to make a wall hanger…
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #466
duallyjams

That would look cool with a neon tuba truck light in the front of the hood or maybe in the grill.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:31 AM   #467
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
thanks Rusty

Thanks Mike… My first truck build was a 48, unfortunately it has fallen into a state of disrepair or is it despair. the following 58 truck was a complete basket case…

this 1958 came from an auction and I never had any intentions except to rob the good stuff from it and scrap the rest. It was a deluxe half ton cab with all the window and grill chrome in good shape, big back window, deluxe heater, good steering wheel, all the deluxe interior stuff, 235 six that turns over.

the frame was a weird stacked 1-ton 18 footer with no bed. the cab was rusted throughout and what wasn't rusted was smashed up pretty bad. can't build them all and too old to build the bad ones anymore besides theres a 58 project outback that needs these parts.

we did cut the complete front end off to make a wall hanger…

Perfect way for a pile of scrap to end up.

Wall hanger status raises it to a new level and life expectancy.

Perfectly jealous now.

Look forward to seeing it up.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #468
clemdaddy

Time for an update on the "Back to the Fifties" sessions at Tuba Trucks. It's crazy, but I parked my old 48 pickup outside in plain sight and like a magnet all these 50 model trucks started showing up. The count is up to 5 right now that want various forms of resto or upgrades and that doesn't even include the redo on my 48 or the Cam-e-lo '58 that will soon be heading towards the launching pad.
Swamped comes to mind, maybe more like stretched thin but right now... I need help!

The pics are of the 50 resto project… floor and metal work completed, waiting on next phase.
The black 50 model that is sub-framed and needs transmission work and suffers from a leaky heater core.
The green 54 needs all kinds of mechanical work to return it to like original status with all rebuilt drivetrain and interior.
Two of the trucks that are not shown at this time are a 51 one-ton whose owner hasn't completely decided how far he wants go in the restoration and our Flatty-fiftytwo that is torn down and the chassis is 99% done. Pics on those soon, but for now here's the ones mentioned above, did I mention I need help…
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #469
rusty76

Awesome
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:03 PM   #470
Bomp

Glad to see you're up to your arm pits in work.
Not a day goes by without me wishin' I was there.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #471
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice trucks.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #472
clemdaddy

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas... enjoy your friends and family, and have a wonderful New Year.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #473
duallyjams

Merry Christmas and I will be looking forward to all the Tuba Trucks projects in the new year.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:37 AM   #474
uk54

Smile Re: tuba trucks

Merry Christmas to Clem & Kim from Michael & Ann in the UK

(Tinas new Guardians)
uk54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:26 AM   #475
rusty76

Merry Christmas
My build thread