The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2024, 05:32 PM   #1
G-749

70 Longhorn C 20 update w questions

Hello all,
Finally got pittman arm off. Which brand should I buy to replace, or get from Classic Industries? Steering column is on order from forum member to replace trashed column.
Couldn't pass on deal from FB market place,4 235 x 85 x 16 BFG AT on Ford accuride rims ,currently mounted white letter out. Still have on truck 4 , 235 x 85 x16 Uniroyal Laredo M+S 75 % on 16 inch Chevy rims, also have unknown spare under truck and one , 3 PC chevy 16 rim with dry rotted Uniroyal on it.
Truck has had front disc brakes added by PO and 700 r4 tranny. Does anyone see any problem with running the BFGs on the Ford rims on the front end, read on herear in search to put spacers on rear wheels to make track width of front and rear wheels be close to each other.? SPID was scraped off, so what should a 70 longhorn with dual battery, dealer installed air,gages, orange custom interior and rear bumper, front sway bar. Truck repainted red outside,interior is original orange paint, and all trim holes filled. 3 photos I got with truck show white upper cab and the upper andlower exterior chrome straps, now missing.
Anybody Anywhere have Anything about the dealer installed factory air, interior box is broken. Newbie questions. TIA and good luck on all your projects.
G-749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 03:12 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 70 Longhorn C 20 update w questions

Wow lots of questions. I'll try to help with some. For a new Pitman arm I would go with MOOG from a reputable source (To avoid cheap parts in MOOG boxes from amazone grifters)

Does the truck still have the factory seat? If so you might get lucky and find the build sheet between the seat base springs and the foam under the seat.

There's lots of information here on the forum about factory A/C do a search with your specific questions.

Check out the classifieds for any parts you may need. If you become a premium member you can post Want to Buy ads to speed the parts acquisition process up. Premium Membership is well worth the price.

Welcome aboard and we all love photos of trucks. Let us see yours.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 10:43 PM   #3
G-749

Re: 70 Longhorn C 20 update w questions

Pittman arm ordered from O'Reilly, 113.00, sent USPS money order for completed new tilt steering column from forum member. Can't get them soon enough. Next question;
Who is the best gas tank, sending unit replacement parts.? My tank is growing rust bunnies. Using search for this but most posts are older, would like to put latest and greatest
tank n unit in. Pulling seat and tank when weather cooperates . Got lots of ideas about seat
replacement from search. Lots of knowledge on here. Wife says I spend too much time on
IPad. Good luck on all your projects. Thanks
G-749 is offline   Reply With Quote