The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
SunSoaked

Motor Mounts BB vs SB for a 69

If I use my SB to get my 69 on the road with the intent to swap in my 454 after working out the bugs am I gonna need to change/modify the motor mounts or "perches?" Keep I mind I have already moved the motor FWB 2 inches and am running electric fans.

Is this distance between the motor mounts and trans mount different between BB vs SB?
SunSoaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
ryanroo

Re: Motor Mounts BB vs SB for a 69

I've had big blocks in with the original 4x4 engine location. With it forward 2" you should be fine. The engine mounts are all in the same position for a big block and small block as far as the engine goes. They interchange. The oil pan can get into the crossmember with a BBC so be sure to get a pan that fits. Chevelle pan maybe?

Last edited by ryanroo; 09-13-2015 at 01:02 AM.
ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:51 AM   #3
mike16

Re: Motor Mounts BB vs SB for a 69

I dont know... but there is a spacer that goes on the driver side of the engine block between the motor mount and the enging block........on corvettes in 68. if your application calls for a similar spacer the are available repro through corvette vendors.

on 67 and 67 big block camaro's the BB and sb frame mounts were different. header manufacurers requested chevy do this. it placed the bb about 1-2 inches over compared to sb's . this allowed header manufacturers to make bb headers that did not requir radical bends and gave enough clearance for pipes and engine rocking motion.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote