The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
chris989

oil filter adapter cracked

Hello all,

1996 k2500 454.

I discovered my filter adapter has a crack and is the source of a leak. I have searched the net and online dealer sites and can not find a listing to purchase a new one. Part number 12555553. Found a used one on ebay but i really need it asap. (daily driver)

does anyone have a source for this part? I just do not have the time to hunt a pic a part and prefer new if i can.

All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
oldertruckfan

Re: oil filter adapter cracked

check your local GM dealership there in your town? this part is used in 2003 models also, so I doubt it's been discontinued
oldertruckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
chris989

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldertruckfan View Post
check your local GM dealership there in your town? this part is used in 2003 models also, so I doubt it's been discontinued
I checked all of the pic and pulls and not a big block to be found
so I ordered it today from the dealer. I hope to have it by the weekend. I was hoping to find it somewhere in stock but jut no luck.

Chris
Old 09-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
BigBlocksRule

Any machine shop in the country should have one. I have a couple, saw the post too late.
Had one break on me this year, made a helluva mess and cost me a few quarts of oil.
Most say it doesn't matter, but my builder always told me to put the bypass toward the block.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
chris989

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlocksRule View Post
Any machine shop in the country should have one. I have a couple, saw the post too late.
Had one break on me this year, made a helluva mess and cost me a few quarts of oil.
Most say it doesn't matter, but my builder always told me to put the bypass toward the block.
I thought of the machine shops route and called a few from the phone book. ( just moved) and no one had one. The dealer was 60$. Shaw City Engines had one on ebay but when i called the guy on the phone was the rudest, ignorant person have ever dealt with in a long time. I looked at some reviews and they were not so good so i would rather give it to the dealer than shaw city. Not sure how they get such a high ebay rating?