The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
davischevy

Google Pizza

*GOOGLE PIZZA

CALLER: Is this Gordon's Pizza?***
GOOGLE: No sir, it's Google Pizza.
CALLER: I must have dialed a wrong number. Sorry.
GOOGLE: No sir, Google bought Gordon's Pizza last month.
CALLER: OK. I would like to order a pizza.
GOOGLE: Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER: My usual? You know me?
GOOGLE: According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.
CALLER: OK! That's what I want.
GOOGLE: May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten free thin crust?
CALLER: What? I detest vegetables.
GOOGLE: Your cholesterol is not good, sir.
CALLER: How the hell do you know?
GOOGLE: Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.
CALLER: Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetable pizza!* I already take medication for my cholesterol.
GOOGLE: Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you only purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once, at Drug RX Network, 4 months ago.
CALLER: I bought more from another drugstore.
GOOGLE: That doesn't show on your credit card statement.
CALLER: I paid in cash.
GOOGLE: But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.
CALLER: I have other sources of cash.
GOOGLE: That doesn't show on your last tax return unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law.
CALLER: WHAT THE HELL?
GOOGLE: I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.
CALLER: Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I'm going to an island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.
GOOGLE: I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first.* It expired 6 weeks ago!

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
Chevyland

Re: Google Pizza

We’re doomed!!!
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
davischevy

Our kids are for sure.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I feel the same as him.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I feel the same as him.
Is your passport up to date? Oh, I can google it.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I know this is a "in fun" thread but let me tell you its not far off. When my IPhone 6plus died I decided to go back to android because of my bad luck with the apple style phone.

I chose the new google pixel xl. Android based phone and uses the chrome browser by default. Great phone, no problems and then I started reading things about google and chrome. How it keeps track of everything, I'm not exaggerating ... everything you do with your phone, everywhere you go, every website you visit. How long you were stopped at a location. Keeps your voice texts and it even randomly records your voice while you are talking. Supposedly you can delete this information, but Ive never had luck completely getting rid of it. I did a ton of internet searching on this problem. Im not paranoid and I don't have anything Im trying to hide. I just believe in privacy. I appreciate what you can do with a google search and maps, but really that's all I need it to do for me. I was talking to one of my sons about this. He doesn't have a Google Pixel, just an android phone. He was telling me he found a place on his phone that had random recordings of parts of his conversations, not phone conversations just regular conversations he was having. I asked if he used Chrome ... yep.

I ordered a couple new Iphones, wifes came first mine should be here anytime.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #7
Boog
laying low

Welcome to the future.. where no privacy is allowed.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
davischevy

Your preaching to the choir friend.

I have been having a conversation about a subject, started a search on my droid, type in one letter and get an entire phrase that I had just uttered.

You won't gain a thing with the IPhone. Google Chrome is everywhere. If you use a smart phone, or computer, you have compromised your life's privacy.

Throw the phone and computer away and get your passport ready. Oliva Newton John's husband was able to stay hidden a long time that way.

A VIP disappeared here in Arkansas a few years ago. They found his very expensive SUV, near a small off the grid airport, with all his ID and electronic devices in the seat.

I joked that they should check the local Hooters and see if any waitresses were missing. I figure the guy got fed up and is on some beach sipping pina coladas.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 AM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

There are ways to work around it. Ive done a lot of research on how to make using the IPhone more private, Im not trying to disappear, just keeping my overall foot print smaller in this world. This website is pretty much the only social media I participate in, once in a while on the HAMB that's about it.

I was out with a buddy for dinner a little while back and I paid with cash. You still use cash? Yep, pretty much always. Ive also found a couple of new email services, Ill be moving to one of them.

Like I said, I have nothing to hide, but that's not really the point.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #10
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
There are ways to work around it. Ive done a lot of research on how to make using the IPhone more private, Im not trying to disappear, just keeping my overall foot print smaller in this world. This website is pretty much the only social media I participate in, once in a while on the HAMB that's about it.

I was out with a buddy for dinner a little while back and I paid with cash. You still use cash? Yep, pretty much always. Ive also found a couple of new email services, Ill be moving to one of them.

Like I said, I have nothing to hide, but that's not really the point.
I don't use any social media other than this site either. 36-year old geezer I suppose.

I would love to hear what you found for email providers. I am through with yahoo.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

It's not that people have anything to hide, it's people have things they don't want to show. Or at least be the one in control of when and where that happens. THAT is normal and all THIS info gathering is not! If computers were around when the constitution was written there would be an amendment against it. It's marketing gone awry. an invasion of privacy equal to someone kicking your front door in and it started with telemarketing. Actually, door to door salesmen. But you could put a "No Solicitors" sign up or look out the door and not answer. Communities even have no solicitor regulations. It doesn't take much of a hole for a snake to get in your hose.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-16-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #12
mongocanfly
Post Whore

one day the machines will take over....haha....
I've noticed I can google for something I'm thinking of buying...then I'll start noticing that a lot of unrelated websites I go to have a ad on their page for the very thing I was looking at.....spooky
mongocanfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Search ghosts!!!

Tim

Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #14
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

my brother had an Alexa. Then one night it started making suggestions without prompt. It got buried in the back yard after his 12 gauge disassembled it.

I recently switched from apple to Samsung. Kind of regretting it, kind of liking it
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #15
In The Ten Ring

As long as I can, I will not own a smartphone.

I wish I had never logged onto Facebook and I doubt I will ever again.

I don't have an Alexa and no desire to buy one ever.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #16
davischevy

I have always had a Samsung smart (stupid ass) phone.

If you run a business, especially with employees, it's almost impossible to grow without smart phones and computers.

I hate being tracked, and spied on with a passion, but you sell your soul when you buy in to technology.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #17
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post

A VIP disappeared here in Arkansas a few years ago. They found his very expensive SUV, near a small off the grid airport, with all his ID and electronic devices in the seat.

I joked that they should check the local Hooters and see if any waitresses were missing. I figure the guy got fed up and is on some beach sipping pina coladas.
Did the VIP ever turn up?

I was at the Dr for a regular check up. My phone was prompting me to add pictures of the Dr office for Google. That freaked me out and I turned off location services. Somehow it turns itself back on as I've been prompted for pictures at other locations.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #18
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Did the VIP ever turn up?

I was at the Dr for a regular check up. My phone was prompting me to add pictures of the Dr office for Google. That freaked me out and I turned off location services. Somehow it turns itself back on as I've been prompted for pictures at other locations.
They found bones years later, but no positive ID on the VIP. (That sounds like a line from a song).

I went down HWY 23 (The Pig trail), a very scenic rt., a favorite rt of motorcyclist, yesterday.

I was taking pictures and My phone started prompting me to post pictures.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #19
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Yeah, my phone can sort all of my photos by time/date and location

It also tells me how long my drive to work will take each morning and each afternoon... and I've never asked it to do that. I was super busy at work for couple months and I live somewhat close, so I would go in from like 8-12PM on the weekends after hanging out with the wife and it started giving me drive time for those days/times too.

If I look up something on lowes or ebay, it comes up in my facebook feed, in my email... no me gusta.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
davischevy

Smile Re: Google Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Yeah, my phone can sort all of my photos by time/date and location

It also tells me how long my drive to work will take each morning and each afternoon... and I've never asked it to do that. I was super busy at work for couple months and I live somewhat close, so I would go in from like 8-12PM on the weekends after hanging out with the wife and it started giving me drive time for those days/times too.

If I look up something on lowes or ebay, it comes up in my facebook feed, in my email... no me gusta.
Yeah, I notice on my phone, you took a little too much time for breakfast this morning.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #21
Grumpy old man

Isn't this why we build these old trucks ? No GPS, No computer, No way to be tracked . If you drive back roads no cameras , I learned this from my neighbor who lives off the grid and got tired of being tracked he used to be some VIP in Arkansas
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #22
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Isn't this why we build these old trucks ? No GPS, No computer, No way to be tracked . If you drive back roads no cameras , I learned this from my neighbor who lives off the grid and got tired of being tracked he used to be some VIP in Arkansas
Does he live near a small private airstrip, with an ex Hooters girl?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #23
special-K
Special Order

I was looking at a photo of my family gathered in my FB album and squares popped up around my three sisters' heads asking if I wanted to tag any of them with their names. I mean they are married with different last names. That FB, he know everybody. Yes he do. Um hmm. That's right

Tim

Old 11-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #24
68c10airstream

My local grocery store has a card for frequent customers called the "MORE CARD". they scan it to apply discounts, etc. My card was getting rough so i went to get a replacement. A family friend working there clued me into the fact that my purchase history was being sold to heath insurance companies. This info was NOT declared on the form so i became my neighbor's dead wife (senior discount applied), years ago. I informed my wife about this and it was forgotten until we shopped there one night, forgot an item and i went in and purchased it using my card. Se looked at the receipt and asked how i got a senior discount when she is older than me and not a senior yet. I said i was Ruth P. 65 years old and dead! She slapped me on the shoulder, and i returned with "how about a good spanking" I throw humor at her all the time like this!!
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #25
davischevy

I saw on TV just now, The Missouri Attorney General is investigating Google.

He has some kind of gonads.

How do you spell gonads?