The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
flashed

LS Swap and factory tach and speedo ??

Is there conversion parts to make the factory tach and speedo work with my LS Swap ?
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
dayj1

Re: LS Swap and factory tach and speedo ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Is there conversion parts to make the factory tach and speedo work with my LS Swap ?
The tach signal can be modified in the ECM to output a signal compatible with the factory tachometer.

For the speedo, this is about as close as you'll get to a "kit": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=512751

You can buy units that take the electronic signal from the ECM as input and drive a mechanical cable that can be connected to the factory speedometer. Cable-X is one brand that's been around a while but Dakota Digital starting selling one in the last couple years.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Sledgebone

I haven't done this yet, but I've got the parts to try. I will be using the dash out of my doner truck (2002 Silverado) de-soldering the stepper motors and installing them into the location on my factory 1963 C10 dash. I will still have to mount the 2002 circuit board behind the c10 dash, utilizing the factory 2002 connector and soldering inputs onto that plug harness.

Sounds like a lot of work but I am going to try and tackle it this winter.

The other option is to mount the 2002 gauge cluster onto the 63 bezel and create a new face plate that has more period correct numbers / gauge logos. The clusters are similar size, but I haven't placed them side by side yet.
Sledgebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #4
68c10airstream

I did the 8,000 rpm aftermarket tach kit. I purchased this kit before doing the electric speedo conversion using a s-10 speedo head. I spun the stock 5,000 prm tach around on the first test drive. Terry at "lone star dyno" changed the signal to work the 8.000 rpm tach correctly.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote