The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Brought another one home

I saw this one on one of my FB pages and had to have it. Drove 4 hrs each way in a rollback to get it, but got it for a decent price. Originally I was going to part out but I am having serious 2nd thoughts. 3 row seating and perfect headliner. It was originally 402 and had tilt wheel but of course they are gone. Good thing is I have everything here except the tilt to put it back original. Needs all the lower metal work as is typical for these parts but i already have most of the panels.
The interior had some mildew (1st seat pic) but seats are cleaning up real nice (2nd seat pic). A couple things I noticed is even with all the lower rust the gate "appears" to be rust free. The hatch only has two small spots at the bottom I can see. I pulled the carpet up out of the back area and it has factory rubber floor mat in it, but it is not black like the front two. Instead it is more of a saddle color. I am guessing it must have been added later. Still has complete factory jack setup in the back and looks as if it was never used. I have been so busy at work the last few weeks/ months I have not had much time to work on trucks period but I could not pass this one up. I have a 373 rear here (non posi & 6 lug) to put under it for now to get it back rolling and I have a non tilt column in real nice shape so i can steer it a little easier. Here are a few pics.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
bigrigpardo

Re: Brought another one home

ok I gots to know. lol. what did you get it for. this came from a board member here jess zicc1835. it was a complete rig when he bought it he took the 402 posi rear tilt and tach and sold it to that guy but that guy was a pain in the ass to get a hold of and make a deal.
bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #3
richard2717

Thats weird, I had no issue getting in touch with him. He sent me almost 40 pics of it in current condition before I went up. He has a 4x4 one as well that we tried to make a package deal out of but It is completely taken apart and the only way I could get it home was on the wheel lift behind the rollback. Did not feel comfortable with a 4 hour trip so i just got this one. The tow bill cost me as much as the burb did but i think it was still worth it because of the interior. The guy was supposed to get in touch with Jess to see if he still had the cowl panel for it but have not heard back on that. I have 4 other burbs to rob parts off of to get it back together.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

That looks like a nice one for sure. They are getting harder to find!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Good deal Richard! Glad you got it home without any issues. That interior looks great! It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do..... I found a '72 with a 402 and a few other goodies a few miles from me but we can't get together on a price.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #6
richard2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Good deal Richard! Glad you got it home without any issues. That interior looks great! It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do..... I found a '72 with a 402 and a few other goodies a few miles from me but we can't get together on a price.

LockDoc
And the key works all the locks including the gate, 1st time for everything
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
And the key works all the locks including the gate, 1st time for everything

Man you got lucky, that doesn't happen too often any more....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #8
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Thats weird, I had no issue getting in touch with him. He sent me almost 40 pics of it in current condition before I went up. He has a 4x4 one as well that we tried to make a package deal out of but It is completely taken apart and the only way I could get it home was on the wheel lift behind the rollback. Did not feel comfortable with a 4 hour trip so i just got this one. The tow bill cost me as much as the burb did but i think it was still worth it because of the interior. The guy was supposed to get in touch with Jess to see if he still had the cowl panel for it but have not heard back on that. I have 4 other burbs to rob parts off of to get it back together.

Richard ,
good to hear you took this off Teds hands ....he was in a little over his skis great ideas but hard for him to follow thru i took what i wanted and made a good deal for him and I the interior is super condition as you said...i was supposed to get the trailing arms with the rear before he let it go as you know his father passed but he didn't let me know it was going ,....lets see f we can make a deal for the cowl / arms
thanks
Jess
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #9
CountofMonteCarlo84

Get that back on the road. Too nice to part.
CountofMonteCarlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote