The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
hotsy

whats your crazy number ?

while watching Pickers , the tv show , when they try to buy a vehicle ,etc and the seller doesn't want to sell it ,they say ( what your crazy number) the price you would sell it for when you really don't want to sell it ... do you have that crazy number for your truck ? just curious , I have one of those for mine ,I don't want to sell mine but I do have a crazy number that would take it , I guess its our way of telling people its not for sale .....my crazy number is $12,000 ,whats yours ?
hotsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
flashed

Re: whats your crazy number ?

I wont even put a crazy number on mine as some idiot just might take it and I will not part with it .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
54belair

Once you say that number out loud it becomes a real consideration---and a bargaining point for some slicker (tv show or not, lol).

I have a number in mind but will never voice it, Im building my truck to give to my grandson (someday), I already have way too much in it and its not done yet. If I voice the number then I have to deal with the reality of being over spent on the project.

It is an interesting thought though-----what Would I do if an absolute idiot (with lots of money) approached me and wanted my truck??
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
cooperhw

I would say my number would be close to yours for Homer, but don't want to sell him at least until I finish him up and drive him for a few years.
I have come to the conclusion that "we are only caretakers of these old cars/trucks". We were not born with em, most didn't buy them new, might still own em when we pass, but then someone else will decide when to sell and for how much.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
gdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsy View Post
while watching Pickers , the tv show , when they try to buy a vehicle ,etc and the seller doesn't want to sell it ,they say ( what your crazy number) the price you would sell it for when you really don't want to sell it ... do you have that crazy number for your truck ? just curious , I have one of those for mine ,I don't want to sell mine but I do have a crazy number that would take it , I guess its our way of telling people its not for sale .....my crazy number is $12,000 ,whats yours ?
I wouldn't sell mine for 12,000.00. More like 20,000.00 I have 17,000.00 into the truck and 10,000 hours. Like you it really isn't for sell.

Cars I owned in the past.
1962 chev II Nova - 1965 Chevelle SS - (2)1966 Chevelle SS 1965 chev C10 57 belair chev
1967 Chevelle SS - 1969 Chevelle SS - 1972 Chevelle SS

1967 Buick electra 225 1995 Harley Davidson bager

What does not kill you will make you stronger

1968 c10 short wheel base stepper
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote