The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
68LambrechtC10

Re: 68 Lambrecht Rebuild Project

Today I went into the garage and spent some time with Lambrecht.
I got out my PB Blaster and went around the truck and have a little squirt on all the exposed nuts or bolts that I know I will be attempting to loosen. All four wheels, hood hinges, radiator supports, horn, motor related areas.

I then went in the cab and squirted the hinges, latch, screws on door panels.
The drivers door has been frozen shut for who knows how long. There is rust on the rocker the window won't roll down the lock won't go up or down.
I figured I would have to take off the inner panel ad figure it out
from there. Then I tried the handle and it moved. Gave it a little push with my shoulder and nothing.
So I sat on the passenger side and swung my legs around to the drivers door. I used my right foot to activate the handle open and kicked the door hard at the striker, third try the door opened and out rolled an empty Fallstaff beer can. The VIN ID tags on the door look brand new!!!
Next I set about getting the seat to slide forward to get to the floor bolts for a squirt of PB.
Once I got it forward I cleaned out under the seat and found two lumber yard receipts (dated june and July 1975) from the original owner, a 1x4x6 inch piece of cedar, numerous match books, a pair of gloves and a vintage pull top Pepsi can.
Good first day.

Last edited by 68LambrechtC10; 10-26-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: iPhone went stupid on me
68LambrechtC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #27
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LambrechtC10 View Post
Thanks NC John...thats a good plan...I thought about that too...
You'll probably be overwhelmed for a little bit just making it a reliable driver. I've probably got better than a grand in mine just making it trustworthy (tires, carb, ignition, other random mechanicals).... Now that it is, I'm starting to chip away at cosmetics and my own touches.

I think you'll enjoy the truck a lot more if you are able to start driving it/enjoying it and just do a little bit at a time. If you get in too deep too fast you'll get into a deep dark spiral of spending with no joy of actually driving the truck!

BTW- PM sent...

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
NC_John

Quote:
Once I got it forward I cleaned out under the seat and found two lumber yard receipts (dated june and July 1975) from the original owner, a 1x4x6 inch piece of cedar, numerous match books, a pair of gloves and a vintage pull top Pepsi can.
Good first day.
very cool- could you imagine if these trucks could talk?

Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
68LambrechtC10

Have figured out what the truck wants. Opened the garage and it was staring at me, right in the face. It's been there since the day they dragged it out of the woods and onto the soybean field. Set it in line with the other trucks and gave it a number. 53L aka 5.3L......
Even if I put in an automatic trans in it I'm gonna keep three on tree and pedal set up. Figure out a way to modify existing buttons on dash (maybe AM radio) to 'shift'. It's all fly by wire anyway.
Gonna keep the interior and exterior completely stock. Have a 2002 Chevy 1500 3:42 posi disc brake rear. Will go with disc up front. Like those 20 inch all steel smoothie wheels too.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
bodydropped68

Can't wait to see you driving Lambrecht down the road.
bodydropped68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #31
NC_John

Quote:
Even if I put in an automatic trans in it I'm gonna keep three on tree and pedal set up. Figure out a way to modify existing buttons on dash (maybe AM radio) to 'shift'. It's all fly by wire anyway.
LOL... back when I was in high school I worked part time at an auto center as a tire, battery and oil change monkey. One day I had to pull in a fullsize van into my bay for an oil change. No problem, right?

The van had seemingly left the factory with a three-on-the-tree (which I had never seen before), but the owner made it even more confusing for me, leaving all those parts in place and installing an automatic. There was a carefully hidden (in garbage) floor shifter for automatic. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to move than damn van. I didn't know what the funk was going on.

So if you do that to yours, that ought to screw up the punk that tries to steal it for a good long while! He'd probably just give up!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #32
68LambrechtC10

After a long cold winter of getting the Ramblur ready for Power Tour 2014 I've returned to Lambrecht. Getting the garage ready to slowly start getting it roadworthy. Would like to bring it to some shows and just drive it......
Old 05-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
68LambrechtC10

Purchased a 2012 5.3 and 4L60e with 20K miles on Ebay from Wisconsin from an Express Van. Should arrive here next week. Hope to have it driving by Woodward Dream Cruise!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #34
wreckedchevy

nice find definitely a good way to bring that old truck back to life
Old 05-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #35
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I'll bet the auction guys were thinking as they put 53L on the windshield "you suppose someone will swap in a 5.3?"

You, sir, have a piece of American history right there. I hope you treat it right. If I saw you driving up the lane and into a car show, I would take a bow
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #36
snipescastle2

Talking Re: 68 Lambrecht Rebuild Project

Great Truck! I spent three years in Norfolk,Nebraska as a Navy Recruiter. I must have driven by the Lambrecht property a hundred times a month, I could see some of the cars that were stored in the dealership building in Pierce, and the hundreds of cars parked in the fields of their property,some of those cars were so clean, it was a shame to see them rusting away. Glad you got to score a real "Survivor"
Have a good one!
Ben Smith
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #37
68LambrechtC10

Been in contact with 1/2 dozen harness rebuilders and finally got the answer I was looking for from Speartech.... everyone else said 'nope...too new, sorry'....
Old 05-19-2014, 01:18 AM   #38
error4o4

My 67 C10 has the exact same rear bumper. It's painted a cream color, which doesn't match anything on my truck. The seller claimed it was original, but I'm guessing aftermarket. Any idea what the story is with these?
error4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote