The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > S10 S15 Luv Blazer Classifieds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: paypal gift option on sales.

I will make sure my future post include the no gift wording and correct the threads that come TTT. I frequently get payments from previous customers that include the added amount or on the other side... I state a price shipped and the person adds more money on top of the quoted amount and then pays as a gift (I appreciate it too).
Although I don't depend on parts for income (I reinvest it into more parts), several people do. I can see where there is significant losses over the course of the year for parts suppliers/businesses because small parts have small profit margins.
I also understand there has been several deals gone south and that ruins it for others but like it or not it's still customer based sales and this site has the best people/customers.
The SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS I get buying here offsets the 3%. Think of the added cost as a savings privilege we get (and give) to each other.
If people have to raise their prices I'll pay it! I would like to thank all who sell on here and share their wisdom. I think the knowledge I learn on here every month is worth the $15 a month I pay. Thanks again to all!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #27
w314speed

The difference in hobbyist sales and vendor sales is the vendors have recourse through tax deduction for business expenses, hobbyist don't.

We all want to sell our parts for fair market value and not have to absorb the payment method of PayPal or credit card. When all the extra's are stuffed into the sale price, then many think you are ripping them off.

The payment method that the buyer chooses is for their convenience, for quick shipping etc. As stated in this thread check and money order can still be used.

The adding of the 3% fees to purchase and shipping charges is the best way to handle PayPal. That will put all specific charges on the table and in-front of "all". Thanks, Dan
w314speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #28
lowlyfec10

i've always used and gotten gift payments, i hate the fees....but i understand the risk and i've never been out to screw anyone over. i guess i will no longer mention it here. no sweat.
lowlyfec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
Maddoxdb

As a purchaser, paying an extra 3% for faster shipping is really a pretty cheap upgrade on shipping price vs. waiting for the seller to receive your check or money order. On a larger purchase I may consider sending money orders still but for smaller stuff 3% really isn't that big of a deal. Dustin
Maddoxdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #30
cheyenne shortstep

It is the cost of doing business and the convenience of instant payment vs. waiting on the mail. I don't ask the buyer to cover the fees I include that in my asking, shipped price. I am always a little turned off when agreeing to buy something for asking price and receive a message asking me to cover the PP fees. I agreed to a price and the seller agreed to a payment method but then wants to charge extra, no thanks. Just my 2 cents.
cheyenne shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #31
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Should this be a sticky thread?

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #32
jjzepplin

I cover the fees and never use the gift option to save money. I have been saved several times by this function from otherwise highly rated sellers. The 45 days to launch a dispute for the transaction is a fair amount of time to get the issue resolved and I have used this function a few times to give the seller even one more chance to make it right or send my product. It works.
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote