The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
mehoff400

what trans in a truck i''m selling.

need some advice. as some may know i currently have 2 trucks a 65 long bed and a 66 short bed. i combined the best parts out of both trucks and installed in the short bed. so i want to get the 65 running again to sell. both trucks were straight six trucks. i took the T5 from my long put into my short bed. This is where i need some advice. i sold the old 3 speed and linkage from the long bed. the trans that was in the short bed is a 4 speed. i can buy a 3 speed locally but i no longer have column linkage.

sooooo.... couple option i think i see. i could make the long bed a 4 speed high hump but really dont want to cut it like that. i could buy a 3 speed and put it into the long bed but then i have no linkage and what i see online i cant find anything nor do i see a 3 speed floor shift option.

my question if in my shoes what would you do? i obviously dont want to put more money into the long bed than i have to.

i think the 3 speed i found is from a 67 is there a floor shift option for that?

i was also able to find a 3 speed from a 66 c10 with overdrive.

My truck

Last edited by mehoff400; 05-14-2018 at 09:39 PM.
mehoff400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: what trans in a truck i''m selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehoff400 View Post
need some advice. as some may know i currently have 2 trucks a 65 long bed and a 66 short bed. i combined the best parts out of both trucks and installed in the short bed. so i want to get the 65 running again to sell. both trucks were straight six trucks. i took the T5 from my long put into my short bed. This is where i need some advice. i sold the old 3 speed and linkage from the long bed. the trans that was in the short bed is a 4 speed. i can buy a 3 speed locally but i no longer have column linkage.

sooooo.... couple option i think i see. i could make the long bed a 4 speed high hump but really dont want to cut it like that. i could buy a 3 speed and put it into the long bed but then i have no linkage and what i see online i cant find anything nor do i see a 3 speed floor shift option.

my question if in my shoes what would you do? i obviously dont want to put more money into the long bed than i have to.

i think the 3 speed i found is from a 67 is there a floor shift option for that?

i was also able to find a 3 speed from a 66 c10 with overdrive.
Put the 4 speed from the short bed you removed into the long bed and sell it.

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 05-14-2018 at 11:06 PM.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:50 PM   #3
mehoff400

Also..... i currently dont have a driveline for the 4 speed. i am pretty sure i could easily find a 3 speed driveline locally.

My truck
mehoff400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You can install a 3 speed and just purchase a floor shifter for it. Depending on how much you have to pay for the 3 speed, it might be cheaper than installing the 4 speed, changing to a high hump and purchasing a driveshaft.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote