The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #76
shifty
Questionable

Re: Stolen last night

Probably got spooked...

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #77
sweetk30

send him a text pic with the cash fanned out on a table in 20's to show your ready to buy . lots of times the pic of cash will make the seller more motivated .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #78
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
send him a text pic with the cash fanned out on a table in 20's to show your ready to buy . lots of times the pic of cash will make the seller more motivated .
Now that sounds like a good idea, show them the green, that will draw them in every time!💵
Old 11-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #79
Gotenntitans

Still have not heard back from my son's friend. He said he doesn't want to call crackhead ten times a day. That most likely would spook him.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #80
Mr_Rich

Do you have any local swap meets/ flea markets in the area? That might be a venue to search as well. Sometimes when I went to our local swap meet I see things selling abnormally cheap and crowds gather round. I really suspect these situations.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Old 11-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #81
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rich View Post
Do you have any local swap meets/ flea markets in the area? That might be a venue to search as well. Sometimes when I went to our local swap meet I see things selling abnormally cheap and crowds gather round. I really suspect these situations.
We do not have those swap meets in my area. I'm pretty sure he has been parting out my truck and was probably down to the motor, cab, n frame and had to get it away from his deer camp last week before season started. I actually spoke with one of the sheriff deputies at the grocery store just a little while ago and when I mentioned the story going around, he said that he would have a Arkansas Game Warden "show up" and check the deer camp and see if there was any sign of a truck, pieces of a truck, or even a dead spot of grass on the ground where a truck had been sitting since April. He said that the crackhead was a well known crackhead and petit thief and they would make a pass by his house to see if they saw anything suspicious.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #82
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
We do not have those swap meets in my area. I'm pretty sure he has been parting out my truck and was probably down to the motor, cab, n frame and had to get it away from his deer camp last week before season started. I actually spoke with one of the sheriff deputies at the grocery store just a little while ago and when I mentioned the story going around, he said that he would have a Arkansas Game Warden "show up" and check the deer camp and see if there was any sign of a truck, pieces of a truck, or even a dead spot of grass on the ground where a truck had been sitting since April. He said that the crackhead was a well known crackhead and petit thief and they would make a pass by his house to see if they saw anything suspicious.
But of course it never occurred to them to check out "the usual suspects" until now ….
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 11-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #83
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
helped hold my appointment to see a burb listed for $20k

sent him a pic of $20k

Old 11-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #84
sweetk30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
helped hold my appointment to see a burb listed for $20k

sent him a pic of $20k

whats your address ? . . . .sorry few drinky's tonight .

Old 11-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #85
Gotenntitans

Just heard today from a friend who just happens to own some land next to "Mr. Crackhead" that a red 90's swb fleetside has been parked at his house and sometimes parked behind his house. He says he has not seen "Mr. Crackhead" in a while, but he's gonna check the red truck out to see if it has a chrome front bumper with vertical guards on it AND if it has Hankook Ventus 275 60r15 tires. May be just another coincidence, but I surely hope this is all coming together.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-22-2019, 07:30 PM   #86
Gotenntitans

My son just got a 16 second video taken by his friend with a cell phone of a truck that could be ours going down the road in a town 30 miles away. If it is ours, they have done some switcheroo to it......different wheels, tires, front bumper, and plain white tailgate with no GMC or Chevy logo of any kind on it. What's even better is the license number is very plain to make out. Cops are running it now!
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-22-2019, 07:50 PM   #87
sweetk30

Quote:
Just heard today from a friend who just happens to own some land next to "Mr. Crackhead" that a red 90's swb fleetside has been parked at his house and sometimes parked behind his house. He says he has not seen "Mr. Crackhead" in a while, but he's gonna check the red truck out to see if it has a chrome front bumper with vertical guards on it AND if it has Hankook Ventus 275 60r15 tires. May be just another coincidence, but I surely hope this is all coming together.
i would look at this stuff . but maybe walk by snap a cell pic of the dash vin if its not covered up and keep going . then compare the vins .

Old 11-23-2019, 01:11 AM   #88
Gotenntitans

Quote:
My son just got a 16 second video taken by his friend with a cell phone of a truck that could be ours going down the road in a town 30 miles away. If it is ours, they have done some switcheroo to it......different wheels, tires, front bumper, and plain white tailgate with no GMC or Chevy logo of any kind on it. What's even better is the license number is very plain to make out. Cops are running it now!
Cop calls and says the license plate comes back to a white '93 Chevrolet truck in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, which is about 70 miles from where I live. It clearly, CLEARLY, has a GMC front grille in the video. The tailgate is also plain white......no Chevy or GMC logo on it at all. He said they are gonna contact the local police there and get them to send someone out tomorrow to the residence and check the vin plates. I told them a couple of little things about the truck that they could look for that would give them more proof if it's mine.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #89
shifty
Questionable

Awesome! Progress is a good thing!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #90
Gotenntitans

Chief of Police called today and said there was something suspicious with the plates on the white truck in the video. He says stay cool and let them "do some more digging."
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 11-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #91
TKCR

Quote:
Chief of Police called today and said there was something suspicious with the plates on the white truck in the video. He says stay cool and let them "do some more digging."
Jesus, how much digging do they have to do. They ran the plates, they don't match the truck. What more do they need? Sorry but I wouldn't be able to stay "cool" at this point!
Old 11-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #92
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Jesus, how much digging do they have to do. They ran the plates, they don't match the truck. What more do they need? Sorry but I wouldn't be able to stay "cool" at this point!
He did not actually say anything specific except that the license plate was suspicious and the address where the plate came back to wasn't correct. I don't know what the police in the other town told him.

Chief didn't tell me this bit of information, but my cop friend did.....he said that there used to be a truck theft ring in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, where they took several trucks apart and reassembled them as sort of Frankenstein trucks. Then painted them and resold them. The truck in the video could be mine.....with a plain tailgate, pin stripes removed, bed rails put on, different wheels & tires, and different front bumper. I told the Chief to have the cops in Pine Bluff look for a couple of specific things on our truck. He said he will have them look. I don't think they found the truck at the address listed with the license plate.
2003 Chevy Silverado

Last edited by Gotenntitans; 11-25-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #93
Gotenntitans

Police Captain in charge of my case called earlier and told me that the address that goes along with the license plate on the truck in the video is fictitious. He sent the video and pictures of my truck to the Pine Bluff police department. That's about all they can do until the truck is seen again......if it's seen again. I believe that was it!
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 12-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #94
Jeepwm69

Crap man. You'd think they'd be able to track the person down who has that truck registered to them!
Old 12-03-2019, 10:48 PM   #95
Gotenntitans

I'm gonna tell you exactly what I think about this......I think the cops don't know where to look, they have a deal with the crook to leave him on the street as an informant, or they just don't want to take the time to look for it. Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is a mean town with shootings happening weekly. I don't think the cops over there want to look for it.

My cop friend told me that they probably have more serious problems over there than a stolen truck from another town. That's probably gonna be where this story ends.......
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 12-04-2019, 12:06 PM   #96
Jeepwm69

I work in Helena. I know how Pine Bluff is. Still though, car thieves aren't what they have to worry about. That's a lot easier than dealing with the gangs.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #97
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I'm gonna tell you exactly what I think about this......I think the cops don't know where to look, they have a deal with the crook to leave him on the street as an informant, or they just don't want to take the time to look for it. Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is a mean town with shootings happening weekly. I don't think the cops over there want to look for it.

My cop friend told me that they probably have more serious problems over there than a stolen truck from another town. That's probably gonna be where this story ends.......
Are some posts missing from this thread now? I believe I had posted my fear of just this occurring. I myself have experienced the lack of concern or effort of "some" LEO in regards to auto theft as well as other violations of the law. Bigger fish to fry? I wish they had that attitude when it comes to a cracked windshield or a few LEDs out on a 3rd brake light going out. The town of Hanover, PA has an opiate abuse element, and all the crime that stems from that, yet their officers of the law have time to issue fines for leaving your hitch in the receiver when not hooked up to a trailer... Really??? Mine stays there! Doing such a great service to the community protecting the shins of those who don't pay attention to where they walk. How about, "Don't walk so close to my property??". Both my trucks have stainless camper/towing mirrors that stick out at least as far. People walking into those. Are they going to be outlawed next?... Already??

Sorry for the rank. This touched a nerve.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-08-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #98
hatzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Are some posts missing from this thread now? I believe I had posted my fear of just this occurring. I myself have experienced the lack of concern or effort of "some" LEO in regards to auto theft as well as other violations of the law. Bigger fish to fry? I wish they had that attitude when it comes to a cracked windshield or a few LEDs out on a 3rd brake light going out. The town of Hanover, PA has an opiate abuse element, and all the crime that stems from that, yet their officers of the law have time to issue fines for leaving your hitch in the receiver when not hooked up to a trailer... Really??? Mine stays there! Doing such a great service to the community protecting the shins of those who don't pay attention to where they walk. How about, "Don't walk so close to my property??". Both my trucks have stainless camper/towing mirrors that stick out at least as far. People walking into those. Are they going to be outlawed next?... Already??

Sorry for the rank. This touched a nerve.
I'm going to rant a bit.

Follow the money.

Most officers aren't bad guys but they are unfortunately corrupted by the culture of "How much revenue did you generate this month or year." for the state, county, village, town, or city government.

Fines from traffic infractions quickly generate revenue. Note the willingness of cities to shorten yellow light timing enough to cause accidents because they're chasing red light camera revenue.
Asset forfeitures generate revenue for them as well and occasional drug seizures look good on the evening news. This essentially turns them into what amounts to modern day highwaymen thieves and brigands. As long as the drug "problem" remains static, and large enough that the useful idiots notice it, they can continue to seize cash and other assets from anyone they decide is a good target without resorting to that outdated notion called due process and certainly without needing any proof of any wrongdoing. Want your money back? Forget about that outdated notion of innocent til proven guilty. In an asset forfeiture you're guilty til proven innocent.

This goes well beyond thievery. Human trafficking of young girls is allowed to continue largely unabated as well.
If they actually find a stolen vehicle or trafficked girls it generates no revenue and potentially takes revenue generating snitches out of circulation.
They will not risk making their revenue generating snitches in the dirtbag culture angry by stepping on their side hustles of stolen vehicles and human trafficking lest they stop providing intelligence on the cash and drug product movements.

Yes... I'm a bitter jaded old man. I got that way watching this kind of BS be applauded by our representatives that like to call themselves our "leaders". Democracies, Oligarchies, Communists, and Facists have leaders. I kinda liked the Representative Republic we used to have. I guess we answered Ben Franklins' sideways question about how long we could keep our republic.

Sorry about the political rant... All I have to say on this subject.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.

Last edited by hatzie; 12-08-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #99
1976gmc20

Along that line of thought … this might be of some interest:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...bertarian-cop/
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #100
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Along that line of thought … this might be of some interest:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...bertarian-cop/
Sounds like an upstanding cop with common sense. I do hope that something comes from these leads on my truck, but I suspect the Pine Bluff PD aren't even looking into it.

And what's really sad is if I go to Pine Bluff and see my truck being driven by someone else and I give them "what for"..........I could be the one to get arrested. BS if you ask me. They ain't looking for it.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Closed Thread