The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2022, 08:12 PM   #1
kaycee

AC Brackets &Sanden comp.

So trying to conevert factory AC over to new sanden comp. and all the other goodies my ? is will the new comp. fit in my original brackets or will I need ones ?
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
Sheepdip

Re: AC Brackets &Sanden comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
So trying to conevert factory AC over to new sanden comp. and all the other goodies my ? is will the new comp. fit in my original brackets or will I need ones ?
Sanden makes a compressor that is a direct bolt in to your original. Only difference is it's aluminum and about 20 +/- pounds lighter.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
ochremo

Try these guys they will have anything you need in stock and are extremely knowledgeable.

https://autoacsolutions.com/products...-and-tube-kit/
Attached Images

ochremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:20 PM   #4
Bigdav160

There are a couple options for bolt in replacement compressors. Pro6ten or S6 I think these are the same unit. I've heard they are a denso body not sanden but I could be wrong.

Four Seasons also makes a new replacement Summit
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:38 PM   #5
kaycee

I purchased a sanden 508 comp. off the classified and was going to swap it in place of my original . Wanted to know if it will fit or if new brackets are needed
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:02 AM   #6
jumpsoffrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
I purchased a sanden 508 comp. off the classified and was going to swap it in place of my original . Wanted to know if it will fit or if new brackets are needed
You will need to fab or get creative with new brackets.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 09:14 PM   #7
Mnguy

I used an ICT billet bracket to mount a 508 compressor on my 327. It fits perfectly and the belt alignment is right on.
Mnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:32 PM   #8
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochremo View Post
Try these guys they will have anything you need in stock and are extremely knowledgeable.

https://autoacsolutions.com/products...-and-tube-kit/
Is that your truck? Nice underhood!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #9
ochremo

Thank you Steeveedee it is. I bought this last December from Joes Junk a guy here on the forum. Great guy. I rebuilt the whole AC system and got everything I needed from Auto AC Solutions. JW helped me and was a pleasure to work with. Extremely happy with all the parts. Replaced everything except for the evaporator. Here's what it looked like when I got it. Everything was there just needed cleaned up a bit.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2022, 09:08 PM   #10
jumpsoffrock

Quote:
Thank you Steeveedee it is. I bought this last December from Joes Junk a guy here on the forum. Great guy. I rebuilt the whole AC system and got everything I needed from Auto AC Solutions. JW helped me and was a pleasure to work with. Extremely happy with all the parts. Replaced everything except for the evaporator. Here's what it looked like when I got it. Everything was there just needed cleaned up a bit.
What is the silver square box right above where the TXV is?

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1659018114
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:42 AM   #11
ochremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
What is the silver square box right above where the TXV is?

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1659018114
When I purchased all the new parts Auto AC recommended that I not use the POA valve and use a cut out switch even though all of the reading I did said otherwise. I had already cleaned, reset, and tested the POA valve but decided to take their advise and use the compressor cut out. I figured I could always put it back on if I felt I needed it. What looks like a POA valve is no more than a look alike. It's been really hot here in KC 95-100 and it consistently blows 38-40 degrees. I wish I would have mounted it lower and more out of sight and still can but it showed it there in the instructions. Of course me following the instructions to a "T" I wasn't thinking about it at the time))
Old 08-01-2022, 08:27 AM   #12
thegarty

Quote:
When I purchased all the new parts Auto AC recommended that I not use the POA valve and use a cut out switch even though all of the reading I did said otherwise. I had already cleaned, reset, and tested the POA valve but decided to take their advise and use the compressor cut out. I figured I could always put it back on if I felt I needed it. What looks like a POA valve is no more than a look alike. It's been really hot here in KC 95-100 and it consistently blows 38-40 degrees. I wish I would have mounted it lower and more out of sight and still can but it showed it there in the instructions. Of course me following the instructions to a "T" I wasn't thinking about it at the time))
May I ask what condenser you used? Did you use their Parallel Flow Condenser Drier and tube kit that they sell and if so, did you have any issues with mounting the condenser in the stock location? Thanks!
thegarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:11 AM   #13
ochremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegarty View Post
May I ask what condenser you used? Did you use their Parallel Flow Condenser Drier and tube kit that they sell and if so, did you have any issues with mounting the condenser in the stock location? Thanks!
Yes the kit the link takes you to and no trouble at all mounting bolted right up. Brackets bolts and all included with the condenser, dryer, and lines. They even include a new rubber grommet where the lines go through the core support. I ended up sending an email on a Saturday asking for someone to call me on Monday since I needed a compressor also. JW that helped me called me that day right after I sent the email even though they were closed.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:15 AM   #14
ochremo

Also if anyone is interested they sent me the new hoses already made up. No cutting, fitting, etc and then taking them somewhere to get crimped. Want to make clear I did not know these guys or have I spoken to them since. Just extremely happy with the service and parts.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:31 PM   #15
thegarty

Quote:
Yes the kit the link takes you to and no trouble at all mounting bolted right up. Brackets bolts and all included with the condenser, dryer, and lines. They even include a new rubber grommet where the lines go through the core support. I ended up sending an email on a Saturday asking for someone to call me on Monday since I needed a compressor also. JW that helped me called me that day right after I sent the email even though they were closed.
Thanks for the information, I've recently updated to a new A10 compressor, updated poa, expansion valve, drier. I haven't replaced condenser or evaporator yet and thinking I need to update to a parellel flow condenser, running a clutch fan only. I'm up in the air on replacing evaporator since I'm getting plenty of air thru the cab vents. I get cold air at first and it seems the compressor is working to hard with the current stock condenser I'm running. I'll have to give them a call and ask their advice, since my knowledge of the ac system is limited. Thanks again!
thegarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:01 AM   #16
ochremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegarty View Post
Thanks for the information, I've recently updated to a new A10 compressor, updated poa, expansion valve, drier. I haven't replaced condenser or evaporator yet and thinking I need to update to a parellel flow condenser, running a clutch fan only. I'm up in the air on replacing evaporator since I'm getting plenty of air thru the cab vents. I get cold air at first and it seems the compressor is working to hard with the current stock condenser I'm running. I'll have to give them a call and ask their advice, since my knowledge of the ac system is limited. Thanks again!
If it works initially and then quits blowing as cold I would check and make sure the evaporator housing drain is not clogged with leaves, dirt, etc. Also the evaporator is pretty robust so it's probably fine. If need be you can remove the engine side of the evaporator housing without too much headache to clean it out.