The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
TP from Cntl PA

Anyone have a 2500 with 5 or 6spd?

I don't really need another truck, but I really like the new body style GMC's so I decided I'd wait till they came out with the 2500's and then maybe look into buying one. Well, turns out I waited it out too long........The new body styles can't be had with stick...........And I won't own a truck with a slush box. So I've been looking around for a 2000 to '07 2500 Regular Cab with a 6.0/5spd, or a 8.1(Or 6.6) with 6spd..........4x4 of-course. Well, like a needle in a haystack, I haven't found many, and only one I found really caught my eye. I was just curious as to how you guys with sticks like them? The truck I am looking into has a 6.6 Dura-jap with a 6spd. My neighbor has a GMC setup the same up the road, and it seemed really doggy when I drove it. That was right after the D-jap came out, and this '05 maybe different(I hope). I'd really like to find one with a 8.1 and a 6spd, but they are like non-exsistant. I don't believe the mileage offset with the diesel would pay now, considering I'd have to drive across the county for diesel. Anyone with a 6.6 and a 6 spd figure out their mpg? This one has 3.73's in the rear.

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote