The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Jacoby

Hello from Dallas

Just joined up and wanted to say hello. This past weekend I scored a 68 C10 SB. It belonged to my great uncle and has been sitting in a barn out on some land my family owns for about the last 10yrs. My uncle who lives out there now said I could have it if I came and got it so naturally I jumped on it. Its a V8 truck with the Powerglide. Trying to determine what V8 it has in it but I really haven't broken down and started looking for any casting numbers or anything yet. It was covered in a foot of dust and an undetermined amount of rat crap lol. Everything works surprisingly except for the brakes, so my plan is to try to get it running hopefully this weekend. The gas in it has been sitting as long as it has. I'm gonna try to drain out what I can, put some fresh gas in it, oil, fuel filter, spark plugs etc and see if I can get it to fire up. I'm in a position where I need it to run so I can move it where I plan to park it and do all the work on it. Plans are the usual, disc conversion, lower it, big wheels, interior, exterior and possibly motor and trans. I like the thought of keeping the original power/drivetrain but that decision is a ways away.

Anyways Hello again and I look forward to documenting my progress on here and learning a lot. Thanks

Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Hello from Dallas

Welcome ,it looks pretty solid too.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #3
bill3rail

Re: Hello from Dallas

Welcome to the boards. Grab a drink and start reading. There is tons of stuff to learn around here.

Plus, we like pictures of all trucks! Hint Hint.

Bill