The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
2low2wd

2000 Chevy 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton sbcc conversion

Hi all, I am new to the forum. You guys have a ton of great information on here, and I look forward to sharing and learning. I have been building cars and trucks since I was a kid and now at [almost 52] have a new project. Its actually my second 2000 Chevy sbcc, I had a 4wd that I bought as a daily about 15 years ago and sold it a few years back, and regretted it ever since. I recently found and purchased an almost identical truck [ only 2wd = better!] and want to convert it to 1/2 ton and lower it. Its an 8600gvw.

I plan to use it occasionally to tow a car trailer, but nothing over the top. and mostly drive and enjoy. I want to keep the 3/4 ton rear leaves [ for towing] and think I want a 3/4 drop. Probably run 18's or 20's on it. YBnormal's truck really inspired me for this build!

From what I gather from the various threads is the guys who have done this conversion have used 1/2 ton parts to lower it. But of course Bell Tech doesn't have an option for this, and cant tell me if the 1/2 ton rear spring hangers/shocks and front coils/shocks will work with my conversion.

I already have 1/2 ton front spindles, brakes and upper-lower control arms and a rear. Just need some advise on correct lowering shackles/ coils/shocks or maybe drop spindles in front. I'll try and post a picture of my truck asap. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
2low2wd is offline   Reply With Quote