The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
Mcmour67

My first C-10 Build 67 SWB Stepside

Hi, my name is Matt and I finally bought my first C-10 which will also be my first frame off. I'm going to try to take as many pictures as I can during the process, which I will tell you right now, will be a slow one. The truck I aquired has a very cool story. About 17 years ago my dad came home with a 1967 SWB stepside C-10. My brother and I loved it. I already had a car and my brother was just turning 16, so about a year after my dad bought it, he sold it to my brother. My brother blew the 305 that was in it and put in a rebuild 283 with about 30K on it. A year after my brother bought it, he sold it to by a '70 LWB with a 350. I was crushed. I had no money to buy it at the time and watched it drive away. Below are some pictures of it before my brother sold it. I am new to the whole forum thing so I hope the pictures are big.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The saga continues. Fifteen years later, on a hot august afternoon, my brother calls me and says "You'll never believe what I am staring at on (insert internet classified site here)" It was his old truck!! Are you kidding me? I have had dreams about this truck! Agonizing regrets!! Now he was crushed. He just had a kid. We all know what that means. Me, on the other hand, still broke, managed to scrounge up some cash, and she has returned home to her family. Happy ending, right? Below are some sad pictures, some of you may cry, but it looks worse than it is.

In its 15 year sentence to death it managed to get sanded down a little, the trany hump got lost, windshield got smashed, seat covers got ripped, and it became the dwelling of many wasps. Oh, and that rebuilt 283? Well i guess someone thought it would be a good idea to leave it sit outside with no hood on and no cover over the carb. Enough with the bad. The good things are that the body is still in the same shape it was in when my brother sold it, other than some sanding and some surface rust. It also came with new bumpers! Joy. It has the original 67 rear fenders without the side markers. Those puppies are hard to find. The front fenders are from a 68 judging by the side markers. They have been trimmed on the bottom to line up with the bottom of the grille. Those will be replaced. It has a 4.11 rear end with the factory drum, 6 bolt. I have a 350 for it and it still has the 3spd manual in it, which I may replace eventually with a 6spd. The front part of the chassis is where I need some advice on. The frame has been grafted with the sub-frame off of a 76 Nova. Its kind of iffy if you ask me. It also causes some issues with the steering shaft. I'll try to get some better pics but I think Im going to scrap it and start from new even though it sets its stance right where I want it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Either get a factory frame and do some drop members??? or complete chassis??? Coil overs or bags???? My goal is to have it set to do some light autocross and be a somewhat comfortable driver. I don't want to slam it on the ground, I would like it to look like it did in the first pic with the same stance.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Well, that's all for tonight. I'll post some more tomorrow of the little work I've done so far to it. Thanks, and hope you enjoy the truck!

Last edited by Mcmour67; 02-20-2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Tittle wrong
Mcmour67 is offline   Reply With Quote