The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2016, 03:10 AM   #151
Crcrft78

Re: Got one.

Much better than when you bought it. Good looking Blazer.
Crcrft78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #152
schpeen

beautiful!
1988 23' Mako Marine
2005 Harley Davidson Road King
schpeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #153
eighteenninetytwo

Some updates on the interior. Taken some time as its been raining non stop for the last few weeks. had to go into teh garage to get started, which annoyed the wife as her new caris outside. So I'm working on the cab area first so i can install drivers seat and move it asap. I used Noico sound deadener, i figured that i was cheap and I can't expect silence as I'll be running a soft top anyway. I just wanted to eliminate rattles and excessively loud reverberation. On top of that I've used Noico heat shield / decoupler foam to provide a break between sound deadener and the underside of the carpet. Both the sound deadener and the heat insulation proved pretty easy to work with and thei self adhesive qualities are great and zero smell. The roller is ESSENTIAL though to get them stuck down firmly enough to support carpet after the fact and in common with other people I got many little slices and cuts from the foil on my fingers.

1. Blank canvas
2. Sound deadener and a bit of heat insulation
3. Cab with sound and heat insulation
Attached Images

eighteenninetytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #154
eighteenninetytwo

Couple of things I noticed during the work. Firstly you will be covering up bolt holes and screw holes for seats / trim etc. The bolt holes are easy to locate BUT its really important to have every bolt and screw in place when you start. its a PITA but taking them out and replacing them as you cover each area keeps them top of mind and will save a bunch of time trying to locate them under carpet and 2/3 other layers later. For the screw holes a sharpie to make marks to point to location helps and a needle is incredibly useful to find them after the fact, but don't sit on it.

I used 3M hi-strength spray glue and it sems to be doing the trick nicely. I pulled weatherstripping back and i am able to reset it OVER the edge of the carpetting. I will glue it on when all carpets that are next to the doors are fitted. The floor gets done this weekend. Pics are the first bits of carpet and trim I fitted.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #155
mikentosh

Looking really good! Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of this thing cruising the Bay Area soon!
mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #156
eighteenninetytwo

Quick updates with Pictures to follow. I bought a carpet set from ACC (Auto custom carpets ) about a year ago. Came to fit it and I frankly was a bit disappointed. I needed to do the cab area first so the truck is useable / driveable so I test fitted and as I stretched it to get it to lay flat it turned out that it was in fact a bit too big widthwise. The upshot is that the carpet is down but the hemmed edges sit half an inch upd the sidewalls on either side which was a bit frsutrating. However, as it will be largely a children and dog mobile Vs a show car I will live with it. photos to follow -I'm still in the process of lining the bed. Just have to figure out what the bed walls will be covered in and get those done.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #157
mikentosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteenninetytwo View Post
Quick updates with Pictures to follow. I bought a carpet set from ACC (Auto custom carpets ) about a year ago. Came to fit it and I frankly was a bit disappointed. I needed to do the cab area first so the truck is useable / driveable so I test fitted and as I stretched it to get it to lay flat it turned out that it was in fact a bit too big widthwise. The upshot is that the carpet is down but the hemmed edges sit half an inch upd the sidewalls on either side which was a bit frsutrating. However, as it will be largely a children and dog mobile Vs a show car I will live with it. photos to follow -I'm still in the process of lining the bed. Just have to figure out what the bed walls will be covered in and get those done.
I've put ACC carpets in two trucks and both have had similar fitment issues. Unfortunately they seem to be the best of them still. I might try the Trim Parts carpet kit on the next truck I do, whenever that is.
mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #158
eighteenninetytwo

SOOOOOOOO....it's been a long time... we had a house remodel to deal with in the interim so the Blazer got stashed under the carport and any spare time was spent on the house.

The remodel finally ended month or two ago and I had time to look at the carpets which had been rolled up in the truck for a year. This is as it stands now. used Noico sound and heat insulation and then carpet underlay - a MUCH quieter ride.
Attached Images