The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
tony58

What's it worth

Looking at a 1972 Blazer 2WD Calif barn find. Decent shape, no major rust, very straight all complete except no motor/trans. Tops good etc. No pics. What do you think it might be worth before I over pay No pic, please use your imagination. Calif very little rust, essentially none.
tony58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
cleszkie

Re: What's it worth

All original panels and paint, or different color panels/ panels in primer? Condition of upholstery - dry and cracked with visible foam or wipe down and go? Is it basically untouched, or has someone already begun work on it? I know of a 2WD project for sale in SoCal, and am wondering if this is what you are looking at buying. If so, I could give you my opinion on the asking price.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #3
tony58

It's not advertised, a relative of mine has owned it for 20 years or so.. Basically all original needing resto
Old 05-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Maximus

As a wild a** guess I would say start in the $7,000 range without a drivetrain? and go up from there... assuming everything else is there... but its worth whatever you are willing to pay.

I think a solid running 4x4 K5 is about 7k starting (not rusted out), so a 2wd, missing motor and trans would maybe reach what a drivable 4x4 would be. maybe more? I cant remember what % of K5's in 72 were 2wd, maybe 15%?? Maybe its worth closer to 10k? lol.... I dont know...

these trucks are worth alot more to some then they are to others, so there is no "exact" dollar amount on these trucks. He is a relative, if he bought it new maybe he isnt looking for a payday? If he would take 5K maybe you both could be happy? alot of missing info here, including photos!!!!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
briank

Well.....what are they asking...then we'll tell you if its too much.
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
tony58

Price hasn't really been discussed yet but I'm thinking $5-6K BUT was hoping others would feel it could be worth more like $8K so I can make out on this.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony58 View Post
was hoping others would feel it could be worth more like $8K so I can make out on this.
1) it probably is
2) do you intent on keeping it or selling it? the "make out on this" doesn't sit right with me.

It would be shady to buy a car from a relative at a steal and turn around and sell it for a profit.

I have a couple old cars from friends and family that they gave me discounts on to keep them with the family, but I never did (and still dont) plan on ever letting em go.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
1) it probably is
2) do you intent on keeping it or selling it? the "make out on this" doesn't sit right with me.

It would be shady to buy a car from a relative at a steal and turn around and sell it for a profit.

I have a couple old cars from friends and family that they gave me discounts on to keep them with the family, but I never did (and still dont) plan on ever letting em go.
There's no shame when it comes to making a buck nowadays

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #9
tony58

Reminds of those characters that say "I want this car to go to someone that's going to keep it" When you sell someone anything it is now theirs to do with as they see fit, after I sell a car the new owner could throw it off a bridge, it's his to do what he pleases.
As far as this car, the current owner wants to get as much as he can from me and I want to get it for as little as possible. I'm not in the habit of willfully losing money on any thing I buy.
In fact I really don't want it but he wants to use it as a partial trade for one of my cars and he wants more then it's worth to me, I'm looking to see if I can justify the kind of numbers he wants.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #10
briank

I think it would be a steal at 5 to 6000. Probably get more than 8000 for it is rust free.....doubt the rockers are but theyre easy to fix.
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #11
joedoh

Quote:
Reminds of those characters that say "I want this car to go to someone that's going to keep it" When you sell someone anything it is now theirs to do with as they see fit, after I sell a car the new owner could throw it off a bridge, it's his to do what he pleases.
As far as this car, the current owner wants to get as much as he can from me and I want to get it for as little as possible. I'm not in the habit of willfully losing money on any thing I buy.
In fact I really don't want it but he wants to use it as a partial trade for one of my cars and he wants more then it's worth to me, I'm looking to see if I can justify the kind of numbers he wants.

haha too true, I offered a friend 5x for his project what he sold it to another guy for because "he has a history of making magazine trucks". It was parted out immediately. I guess the magazine it made into was the autotrader parts for sale section. the hulk is still rotting in a backyard and I send him a picture of it whenever I see it.

I love the tactic buyers use of "yeah but its going to cost me $xx to do this or that", I always reply "why would I care what you spend on it, isnt asking me to take money off to fix it the same as me paying to fix it?"

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
Maximus

Quote:
I hear what your saying, but context is everything. sounds like your uncle (or whoever) just wants it gone. If your buying a car on craigslist and the owner says "i want it to go to a good home" and you smile as you know your gonna turn around and make $3000 on him thats one thing, but if you MISREPRESENT the buy to a family member, and he thinks your going to fix it up and enjoy it thats lame.

If he knows your looking for a flip, thats cool. but to "steal" a vehicle from a family member and turn around and resell it for a profit before you even get the pink in the mail is pretty darn shady.

Good luck with the deal, sounds like its a great K5 if you can get it. Im sure we would love to see pics if the deal happens (or heck, even if it doesn't.