The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #101
lowlyfec10

Re: build it in the A:: mint 69 lwb LS swap

buying and selling stuff to keep this thing going. i sold one of my cars last weekend so i now have all the money needed to finish this swap and bag the truck, the rest is going into savings. im just waiting on the big purchases until after i close on my house...which should be wed or thurs.
lowlyfec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #102
lowlyfec10

Got Hart_Rods DBW pedal bracket installed.....dont mind the mess...havent cleaned **** up in forever.

was a fairly easy install however

Also got a kugel shift linkage kit in too....need to attempt that install soon
Old 08-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #103
Justin@EntropyRad

Chugging along!
Sales/Support
Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
"The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods" - www.EntropyRad.com www.speedcooling.com
Justin@EntropyRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #104
lowlyfec10

slowly but surely lol

just ordered the CPP slip shaft driveshaft for $199 minus whatever 10% discount for the forum gives , gonna have the front half shortened and everything rebalanced with a new 4l80e slip yoke.

also just ordered the billet carrier bearing assembly on ebay for $88 shipped!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #105
lowlyfec10

made a little bit of progress last weekend. not so much this past weekend. lol

i pulled the front clip back off to give it a deep scrub and clean. i have since received my pcm back from mr.lt1swap for the reprogram, radiator hoses, billet carrier bearing assembly, cpp rear slip shaft, russell fittings for the fuel hardline (that i still need to bend and fit). and i just ordered a new 1350 spicer slip shaft with new spicer combo u-joint...so now im waiting on that.
i had a little time to install the autometer adapter for the oil psi hose, new oem dipstick grommet, the 2 bellhousing stud/bolts (1 for trans dipstick and 1 for grounds), kugel trans linkage kit ( which i might have to extend about an inch to have my shifter staying within/close to the original marks), and my banjo style trans cooler fittings (still need to buy some pushlock line)

i'm trying to figure out what/how im going to have a driver side battery tray right now and i started cleaning up the body harness since im gonna have the battery on the opposite side so cutting off what ran to the passenger side minus the lights and gonna shorten the 2 fused wires....loom it all back up and run a new 12v wire since i got new terminals for the bulkhead connectors. i'm ready to hook up the lsx harness to the truck now...so the ignition 12v will go where the hei wire (new wire im about to run), battery will go to the new fuse holder/junction block, and the starter wire.....then i should be able to crank her up.....

i still need to order o2 sensors and get somewhat of an exhaust made....just gonna have it run to behind the cab for now before it becomes driveable.

getting there!!!!!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #106
lowlyfec10

picked up a somewhat close matching green high hump cover for $72 shipped......

and a full digital (green) gauge setup for $204 shipped got it installed in the bezel but not wired up since i still need to extend some of the lsx wires to go in the cab.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #107
lowlyfec10

ordered some russel twist-lok hose for the fuel system and trans cooler lines along with the 2 AN fittings for the fuel pump connections. still need to form/fit/flare the fuel hardline.

however, i have since picked up a set of transport 22s, had them powdercoated satin white and getting some 265/35 tires mounted tomorrow evening. guess now i need to install my cpp 6lug rotors eh? lol tried searching some but found nothing specific.....was wondering what size spacers were needed to clear the hub/somewhat flush the wheels out??
Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #108
lowlyfec10

tank nestled between the frame. had to cut out the bed floor brace however. still need to run wires and fuel line.....and bolt it down lol

wired up a connector i snagged from the PAP a few days back to make for a quick connection at the cluster

cpp 6lug rotors with new bearings and such

the transits got mounted in the rear last night. ordered 2" spacers to have them sit nicely....without the spacers the wheel hit the inside of the tubs. no bueno.

also got more wiring done last night. all that is left is to wire up the cluster, run the pump/sender wires to the back, and wire up the e-fan. i plan on doing the fuel line and trans cooler lines today or tomorrow so that can be done. still need to do driveshaft but i guess im leaving that for last along with the exhaust.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #109
lowlyfec10

forgot about my battery tray endeavor. lol cut the flanges, rewelded some pieces, drilled some holes....it works. got an 04 s10 pcm mount and screwed it to the side. the connectors wont fit with the inner fender in place....so im either gonna take em off or ding them in some to clear, but it depends on how the 22s fit when i bolt them up too.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #110
lowlyfec10

got the trans cooler lines finished as well as the fuel line (minus the union fitting i need for the section at the fuel rail)

the bends arent as ideal as i hoped but will work for now....it will be redone when i do the rear dropmember

Last edited by lowlyfec10; 10-22-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #111
lowlyfec10

got my 6an union fitting to complete my fuel setup. just need to put it on and snug up all the fittings.

also got the 6lug rotors installed over the weekend. had to buy a new RF caliper as mine was seized. $80-90 later the front wheels are on and i rolled the truck outside to get some fresh air for a few hours.

some ride height pix with the static drop for now....sits right above the tires...a hair taller up front but that should level out once i have the battery in, fluids in the drivetrain, exhaust made.....and me in the truck lol

and an updated pic of the engine bay....nothin special really. i need the big engine cover lol

Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #112
502ms

looking good!
Old 10-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #113
GAc10boy

Killer progress! Really dig the white transits with that color truck.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #114
lowlyfec10

thanks guys. got the trans and fuel lines all snugged up, rad hoses fitted, hooked up last needed power wire in the engine bay over the weekend. i confirmed the starter worked, and confirmed the pump worked last night. 2 issues however.... -____-

the #1 plug came out a lil rough and took some metal out with it so im gonna attempt to thread chase it and hope for the best. and one of my hardline flares is leaking....so yeah

i still need to go through all my ground connections. all of the engine harness grounds are good but i still need to hook up the branch off of the oem ground cable.....but i need to redo the common ones like cab to engine, cab to frame, bed to frame....stuff like that.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #115
lowlyfec10

SO SHE RUNS!!!!

fixed the fuel leak by cleaning/sanding down the inside and edges of the hardline flare and its been nice and dry since.

thread chased the #1 spark plug hole the best i could. the plug went in pretty easily and got it torqued down around 9.5 ft lb before i thought it'd keep spinning so im gonna roll with that and hope it works for a bit. if not, i have an extra set of 317s i was gonna freshen up and put some stiffer springs on.

got the radiator hoses hooked up, autometer 2277 adapter for the intellitronix temp sensor modified and snugged down, steam vent line hooked up, filled up with coolant.

the gauges are all hooked up but the oil psi gauge doesnt read anything but i can see it read 50 and drop down with ignition on. the tach doesnt work but i read somewhere on lt1swap about a resistor for aftermarket gauges.

the cpp 6lug front rotors use smaller wheel studs (which isnt mentioned anywhere) so you will need 7/16-20 BULGE lug nuts. the ones i got at autozone were regular acorn style lugs and looked questionable when tightened down. also ordered some new dust caps...mine were beat up lol

still need to do my exhaust.....bout to order a mandrel u-bend to atleast get the pipes running parallel with the drivetrain and above the frame.

driveshaft still needs to be done. just need to measure how much it needs to be cut.

as far as getting her on the ground. i have a full front and rear dropmember kit being built and hopefully shipped within the week.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #116
lowlyfec10

Wired up a 1k 1/4w resistor last night. will see if the tach works tonight. cant be starting up an open header v8 at 1:30am

also got the bed pulled off this weekend.....should make it easier to install the dropmember stuff when its finished and ready

picked up a hydroboost setup from a 2011 express a couple weeks back too. good thing i kept the silverado lines with the cooler....so i'll figure out what is left that is needed to do the conversion. i plan on using the newer MC so i need to figure out what size fittings ill need to fab up as well. but that will wait until i do the dropmember since it will be converted to a rack.....might as well do it once right?

Last edited by lowlyfec10; 11-24-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #117
lowlyfec10

hey all. way overdue for an update! the truck has unfortunately been on the backburner but i got a couple things done since the last post.

i got the small fuel leak fixed at the hose flare.

a new sender from intellitronix got my oil psi gauge reading right.

the resistor mod got my tach working correctly.

got the driveshaft done and hooked up. only original piece was the front shaft....it got new spicer joints and slip shaft.

i got new ntk o2 sensors and had 90* 2.5" mandrel bends welded to the exhaust flange....so i have about 1 ft of exhaust on both sides lol for now

i managed to get the interior all cleaned up after much degreaser and scrubbing. need to clean up and paint the seat frame some before i re-install.

and i got the high hump tunnel installed. cut out the old one...marked my hole points...and installed rivserts so the tunnel bolts in nice and easy. just need to put some foam weatherstripping to seal it off and bolt her down for good.

i was still having a #8 misfire issue. after swapping injectors, wires, got spark, got injector pulse, rocker/pushrod seems to be moving as it should....i decided to start building the spare 317 heads i have. i'm almost done doing a quick port job on them. will lap the valves, get the heads checked/milled, then throw on new stiffer springs to accomodate the ls6 zo6 cam i got for free. ls7 lifters and ls9 headgaskets and i will throw it all back together.....and hope my idle issue is fixed. will also get the injectors all cleaned/checked while its apart.

i think thats about it for now. i wish i never stopped but had to do some work to my other projects...and that sucked the time/funds away from this truck. please forgive me. :/
Old 09-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #118
t300

Truck looks great! Probably because I'm on the same path lol! green lwb with lq4 and transports. How did the 2" spacers end up working on the back? You got something like these guys? http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1101.html

great build!
t300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #119
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyfec10 View Post
hey all. way overdue for an update! the truck has unfortunately been on the backburner but i got a couple things done since the last post.

i got the small fuel leak fixed at the hose flare.

a new sender from intellitronix got my oil psi gauge reading right.

the resistor mod got my tach working correctly.

got the driveshaft done and hooked up. only original piece was the front shaft....it got new spicer joints and slip shaft.

i got new ntk o2 sensors and had 90* 2.5" mandrel bends welded to the exhaust flange....so i have about 1 ft of exhaust on both sides lol for now

i managed to get the interior all cleaned up after much degreaser and scrubbing. need to clean up and paint the seat frame some before i re-install.

and i got the high hump tunnel installed. cut out the old one...marked my hole points...and installed rivserts so the tunnel bolts in nice and easy. just need to put some foam weatherstripping to seal it off and bolt her down for good.

i was still having a #8 misfire issue. after swapping injectors, wires, got spark, got injector pulse, rocker/pushrod seems to be moving as it should....i decided to start building the spare 317 heads i have. i'm almost done doing a quick port job on them. will lap the valves, get the heads checked/milled, then throw on new stiffer springs to accomodate the ls6 zo6 cam i got for free. ls7 lifters and ls9 headgaskets and i will throw it all back together.....and hope my idle issue is fixed. will also get the injectors all cleaned/checked while its apart.

i think thats about it for now. i wish i never stopped but had to do some work to my other projects...and that sucked the time/funds away from this truck. please forgive me. :/
Very good progress! Need some new pictures posted too.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #120
lowlyfec10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Very good progress! Need some new pictures posted too.
Thanks sir. I really need to get back on this thing. It has been used as a means of storage lately and i hate it :/ Need to finish these heads so i can swap them and the zo6 cam in and give her the first test drive since the engine swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t300 View Post
Truck looks great! Probably because I'm on the same path lol! green lwb with lq4 and transports. How did the 2" spacers end up working on the back? You got something like these guys? http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1101.html

great build!

Thanks! I used ebay spacers but they look just like the ones you linked. The spacing seems great....enough room on the inside and has enough space between the bedside/lip with the 265s and not look so sunken like the fronts do.