The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2016, 01:25 AM   #1
randy500

72 Cheyenne Super, 400, AT, Tilt, Tach...a SWB is born! (another LWB to SWB)

It happened innocent enough and I don't know how...a random craigslist search, I parked a 71 Custom Deluxe 20 in my backyard back in 2001 or so
I always figured I would fix it up someday so I did a quick search and found this one.

It was complete, running and driving by the time of the photo I already removed the cab light roof skin, the toolbox door and the hood in preparation for my build.

My son talked me into making it a shorty, I planned on just frame-on restoring the LWB using my parts truck in my back yard which is the same color combo...so I bought this from GMCPauls...

Then I posted a want to buy blue interior ad here on the forum and member John H responded with this...

I called him and we settled on a price of $1900 for the complete 72 Sierra Grande, C20 BB 400, TH400, runs and drives great but is rusty.

I will be using the engine and trans from the GMC since someone changed the '72 Super over to 700R4 and its slipping. This 400 is all stock and runs excellent, the TH400 works great too and I have the blue interior I want.

The final truck will be painted black and white with blue or red interior. I will probably also install the A/C from the blue truck too.

It's also a budget build with the help of all the parts I have sold here on the forum...thanks for the sales! I am trying to find a way to post a spreadsheet of the build cost.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote