The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
Fast68C30

useable parts i pulled for my C-30 build project

Parts i pulled from the '69 C-50 grain truck, these past two days, that im saving up and going to be trying to use most of for building my twin/clone of a '67 C30 dually DD truck that i owned like 15 years ago- and have always missed- since i was convinced to sell it. im building it from the '65 C-30 rolling chassis.

i pulled many parts from this 69 C50 truck including:

-nice windshield
-entire cab and engine harnesses; complete and good nice 67 68 base model -style like i want. for 4 speed, non a/c, etc.
-wiper motor unit
-both west coast SR painted mirrors really nice awesome.
-horn
-long length solid shaft 4 speed column 67 68 style with good wheel no damage tha t im pretty sure i can modify dash metal mount enough to make mount and fit work, also the whole rag joint assembly i got too for it.
-manual trans pedals assembly complete with m/C pushrod; apparently i have to cut modify something of it to make it fit mount into a C/K cab??
-nice cowl panel with antenna for the base mount parts only. the damn cable is mouse-chewed in half and top of antenna broken off, but have factory correct original base mount parts at least.
-also got pair of 250/292 bock mounted mount brackets and the clutch pivot ball stud bracket too so i can put a six engine on the '65 C30 chassis it was a 327.

and a few other random pieces, like a large style base model tan arm rest, and the 5 speed NP 540C shift knob and jam nut.

they were all gonna be in shredder wasted real soon according to the farmer guy who owns and is junking it cleaning up his farm right now.

i really want to go back a third trip and maybe snag the chelsea PTO unit and driveshaft if it will fit a 420 or 465?? 6 bolt standard/same pattern opening right? and what about driveline u joints on a 30k GVRW truck? bigger than a 10K lb C30? i want that middle section of driveline with carrier!!! bad!! so i can lengthen my wheel base that much more!! hmmm!!! or is it too big for a C30 ? or just grab all of the driveline? drum brake on tranny output though..
and then theres still more goodies yet like the black belts and anothtr pair of parchment or tan visors, and the early style C50 and 366 fender emblems,. and the small window back cab glass, and the factory round roof lamps. and heater control panel and cables 67 68 style. and ign switch and key assembly. and dash speaker mount pieces, and dome lamp and doors are complete still 67 68 style.. good vent assemblies and door hinges and all, hmm.. and more... that ill probably need and wont find any others of around here in central IL ever again.

thx!

Last edited by LockDoc; 07-13-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Need to be a premium member to post "What's It Worth" posts
Fast68C30 is offline   Reply With Quote